All Options For Transferring Files From Phone to Mac are Terrible

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello...I've been using Android phone with Mac computers for three years, and transferring files from phone to computer has become a nightmare.

With the Nexus One, there was simple USB card mounting and transferring files was just like using any flash drive.

Now, that most Android phones don't allow expandable memory, other options are all terrible. The Android File transfer App often crashes and since Jellybean update, I can't transfer any photos. Double Twist is terrible and almost always freezes. Airdroid is only useful with a small number of files, not dozens or hundreds of images, and all other options haven't worked either.

The only thing that works is Dropbox, but sorting it all becomes a hastle.

Please give me a suitable non-cloud alternative. I feel like I've tried everything. (I've had this problem on the Galaxy Nexus before, and now the HTC One X)

Also...can you tell me why have Nexus phones and most Android phones nixed expandable memory? I don't believe cost or engineering has anything to do with it. I want the option to take my files out of my phone without connecting it via USB or relying on the Cloud.

Cheers,

Garet

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The reason why they are doing away with the SD cards is because they want you to use the cloud. And I can see why. The Coud is where it's at.

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Android should be open and about choice, not follow the Apple model where they tell us how much storage we need, and how we should access it. I don't want to rely on the cloud because my data rates are capped, and coverage is often spotty where I live.

Anyway, they should leave the small 8 or 16 gb internal storage for people who exclusively use the cloud, and leave an SD card slot for the rest of us. Theres no reason a Nexus phone can't have an SD slot. I often transfer several gigs of photos and video between phones and computers in one go. It's so tedious to do without a removable SD card.

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I never tied it, but actually Wi-Fi Transfer pro is good.

Of course nothing beats the option to swap out an SD card when not near wifi, such as when I'm on holiday.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc