Episode 59 show notes - May 26, 2011
Android Central Podcast No. 59 for Thursday, May 26, 2011
Thing 1 - Google unveils Google Wallet
Thing 2 - The bootloader bruhaha
Thing 3 - Movies and the streaming situation
- Android Market's new movie rental service blocked from rooted devices
- Netflix adds support for three more phones
Bonus: More new devices!
- LG Revolution, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Motorola Droid X2 available now from Verizon
- Droid X2 initial review
- Hands-on with the LG Revolution
- Xperia Play video hands-on
- US Cellular's HTC Merge officially launches May 31
- Sprint and Motorola cooking up something over lunch on June 9
- HTC Flyer video hands-on (Wifi-only version)
- HTC Flyer now available at Best Buy
Bonus No. 2
- 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM #2
- 16 Posts
FROM HTC's FACEBOOK PAGE!!!!!! MUST READ!!!!!
"There has been overwhelmingly customer feedback that people want access to open bootloaders on HTC phones. I want you to know that we've listened. Today, I'm confirming we will no longer be locking the bootloaders on our devices. Thanks for your passion, support and patience," Peter Chou, CEO of HTC
- 05-27-2011, 10:36 AM #3
I'm based in the UK - and trying to decide between a SIM free Samsung Galaxy 2 or a HTC (Incredible S or Sensation). I really like Android, but the speed of change is making my head spin. Since I am paying full whack for the phone, I am becoming concerned that any phone will be virtually obsolete in 12 months!
Bootloader:- If I choose HTC, do we just wait for HTC to unlock BEFORE placing an order. Or can the bootloader be unlocked later?
In General:- If you were me, which would you chose, Sammy or HTC?
If neither, could you suggest an alternative?
Great Podcast team