What would be your 'Perfect' Android phone?

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I thought it would be fun to talk about everyone's 100% perfect, ideal, no holds barred phone. Price is no issue, all carries get outstanding coverage in your area, you have the ultimate choice. Here's mine:

Nokia Lumia 1520-I love big phones, and Nokia makes really great hardware. Internals are right there with the best of the current Androids, and the camera is great as always with Nokia. 32gb internal storage, plus SD card slot so I can load some movies up on long trips. Wireless charging included as well. One change would be switching the capacitive buttons for on screen ones. Software would be what Motorola has running on the Moto X, but with Nokia's camera app and Here Maps. Carrier wise, I recently switched to T-Mobile's $30 pre pay plan so it would need to be compatible with their LTE bands (as a side note, I'm really hoping a version of the 1520 comes to T-Mobile).

What would you all want in your perfect phone?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Perfect phone concept

Since I'm used to the bigger screens now, I 'd like to see a 5.7" Nexus device with 64GB of memory with BEATS audio loaded on there :)

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Nexus 5 with SD/removable battery. And a faster camera shutter. I can't think of anything better than that.

Yup but I would go for mentioning 3000mah battery (removable)

16mgp camera with ois

3gb ram

And same design but bump the screen to 5.2"

ERM yup that would do it oh and yes 32gb base model with expansion upto 64gb.

Posted via Android Central App

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

The Ubuntu Edge was going to be a cool phone. Sad that they're never going to make it, and I'll probably never get my hands on it.

It had a sapphire screen that was nigh unscratchable. You could grind it with a concrete block and it wouldn't scratch.

A full fledged desktop OS.

128 GB internal storage.

4 GB of RAM.

And a whole bunch of other cool stuff I can't remember.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
What's your dream device?

What would your dream device be like?

Mine would have 64GB of internal memory (with the option to expand with micro SD), a 5.8" display, QHD, waterproof, and Bose quality sound. It would be amazing if it was built so well that when dropped you wouldn't have a mini heart attack because you know it could survive a fall :)

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd want a 4.7" phone with metal body like the M8. Latest snapdragon, at least 2 gigs of RAM, a strong camera, and a 1080p screen if it can be squeezed in there. Basically I want a Z1 compact with refreshed internals and a design that speaks better to my sense of style.

Posted via Android Central App

HeLLb0y

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think my dream device, on android anyway, would have to be like the Padfone X. It really just needs more internal space. I had the note 3 and while it is a big phone, I think Asus might be on to something. I think 32gb should be the norm, not 16. But the fact you can insert it into a tablet is really just awesome. So, a 5" display, with the latest snapdragon in it, 32gb at least with the SD card expansion, the 9" tablet dock with smaller bezels, 3400mah battery in the phone itself, 3gb of RAM and of course an awesome camera with ois.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
A 6 inch screen version of the moto x with either 1080p or QHD....13 mp camera with OIS that actually takes great pictures....removable battery.....64gb storage...3gb of ram....stylus capabilities....yeah that would be a good start lol

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I want a phone like the Droid Maxx but with onscreen buttons and a better camera. So basically a 5" screen, 3000 mah + battery, Moto software, has Kevlar coating and a 13mp camera.

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
4.7-5" screen
QHD
20 MP with OIS
3GB Ram.
64 GB + onboard storage
3000+ mAh battery (removable)
Stock or minimally skinned a la Motorola.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The Z2 is as close to perfect as I want so if I could add anything to it, it would be the ability to seduce supermodels instantly using a dedicated extra antenna.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Would be happy with:

The current Nexus 5 with a SD card slot, 3GB RAM, 3500Mah Battery, IP69 water and dust proof and 13MP camera with 4K video recording.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Moto X size, shape and features
with an SD option or 64Gb option
Samsung/iPhone quality camera
running android build 10.6 or so

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LG G3 size and shape with a stylus, 4GB RAM, 4000mah removable battery, latest processor, 128GB space with micro SD card, RAW format photos, QHD screen, and stock android with unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

hockey9592

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I love the design of the Nexus 5. It is the perfect size too, anything bigger I would rather just use a tablet! I assume the software is excellent too. But I hate LG and the hardware on this phone.

I like the hardware of the S5 and Z2. Combine that hardware with the design and software of the Nexus 5 and you have a homerun.

What to do with my upgrade in August..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair