Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SmilerOnline
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Nokia Android N Gage?

When (the real)Nokia has cut all ties with Microsoft, do you think that it would make sense for Nokia to bring back the N-Gage brand with android as the underlying OS?.

I could imagine that the N-Gage brand would be a great way for the hardware team to put together the next gen hardware specs that they really want to put in a device.

I think that it would be a great opportunity for Nokia & Nvidia to work together on creating a great mobile gaming device.

Of course these days the physical buttons aren't required which the original N-Gage was special for, but the N-Gage brand could still be something to use to suggest that this device is their latest high end gaming device.

What are your thoughts, would something like this make sense or is that one of those brands we should just forget?

Nokia Android N Gage?-nokia-n-gage.jpg
    ahmad12 likes this.

Default Re: Nokia Android N Gage?

I think Nokia would have to reinvent N-Gage to defer from their history as the taco phone. In general the N-Gage was considered a huge failure with less than 10% stock sold. I also think there is a reason Sony didn't expend on the Xperia gaming phone much.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmilerOnline View Post
    When (the real)Nokia has cut all ties with Microsoft, do you think that it would make sense for Nokia to bring back the N-Gage brand with android as the underlying OS?.

I could imagine that the N-Gage brand would be a great way for the hardware team to put together the next gen hardware specs that they really want to put in a device.

I think that it would be a great opportunity for Nokia & Nvidia to work together on creating a great mobile gaming device.

Of course these days the physical buttons aren't required which the original N-Gage was special for, but the N-Gage brand could still be something to use to suggest that this device is their latest high end gaming device.

What are your thoughts, would something like this make sense or is that one of those brands we should just forget?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokia N-Gage.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	134541
    I loved the N Gage I wish Nokia didn't sell to Microsoft they were the best and Android on the N Gage would be sick

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I think Nokia would have to reinvent N-Gage to defer from their history as the taco phone. In general the N-Gage was considered a huge failure with less than 10% stock sold. I also think there is a reason Sony didn't expend on the Xperia gaming phone much.
    The N Gage did have its own fans I was one of them I loved the way it felt and the buttons playing games was nice.

long time no hear N-gage. But the screen is too small for android. if they gonna put the keyboard lower I will think of Blackberry Passport )
    Nokia's designs were varied back then = .=