Nokia Android N Gage?

SmilerOnline

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When (the real)Nokia has cut all ties with Microsoft, do you think that it would make sense for Nokia to bring back the N-Gage brand with android as the underlying OS?.

I could imagine that the N-Gage brand would be a great way for the hardware team to put together the next gen hardware specs that they really want to put in a device.

I think that it would be a great opportunity for Nokia & Nvidia to work together on creating a great mobile gaming device.

Of course these days the physical buttons aren't required which the original N-Gage was special for, but the N-Gage brand could still be something to use to suggest that this device is their latest high end gaming device.

What are your thoughts, would something like this make sense or is that one of those brands we should just forget?

Nokia N-Gage.jpg

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think Nokia would have to reinvent N-Gage to defer from their history as the taco phone. In general the N-Gage was considered a huge failure with less than 10% stock sold. I also think there is a reason Sony didn't expend on the Xperia gaming phone much.

ahmad12

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
When (the real)Nokia has cut all ties with Microsoft, do you think that it would make sense for Nokia to bring back the N-Gage brand with android as the underlying OS?.

I could imagine that the N-Gage brand would be a great way for the hardware team to put together the next gen hardware specs that they really want to put in a device.

I think that it would be a great opportunity for Nokia & Nvidia to work together on creating a great mobile gaming device.

Of course these days the physical buttons aren't required which the original N-Gage was special for, but the N-Gage brand could still be something to use to suggest that this device is their latest high end gaming device.

What are your thoughts, would something like this make sense or is that one of those brands we should just forget?

View attachment 134541

I loved the N Gage I wish Nokia didn't sell to Microsoft they were the best and Android on the N Gage would be sick

ahmad12

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I think Nokia would have to reinvent N-Gage to defer from their history as the taco phone. In general the N-Gage was considered a huge failure with less than 10% stock sold. I also think there is a reason Sony didn't expend on the Xperia gaming phone much.

The N Gage did have its own fans I was one of them I loved the way it felt and the buttons playing games was nice.

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Whoa! Lol! My older cousin has the N Gage QD laying in his box-o-wonders as I call it. And it still works and looks very good considering how old it is. It would be a tough sell but if Nokia could come up with a practical design, add in decent specs, and market it well then it could work. I'd definitely buy one. Maybe a design along the lines of the Snail Obox seen at CES then maybe it'd work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca