What is your dream phone?

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My current dream phone is now the new Moto X.

It used to be the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, but then I found out it has a glass back. Glass-chassis phones are a horrible idea.

It also used to be the Nexus 5, but then I found out that it has a very poor battery life.

Machuko

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My dream phone is 5.5" screen size with very small bezels, that would make it more comfortable. I would like to see very frequent updates for at least 3 years, which would improve that phone performance.

ImNotRobot

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
- waterproof
- very fast charging, 30 min from 0% to 100%
- battery can survive more than a day if you use it for internet and playing game nonstop (i'm internet freak and games freak)
- can connect to wifi from at least 500 m distance from phone to hotspot
EDIT :
- 64 GB internal storage
- Screen is stronger than gorilla glass
- Device won't broken even if it falls from 100 m height

Last edited:

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Display: 6.44" 3840x2160 sAMOLED display, 648ppi. 0.01mm bezel, except at the bottom (I'll get to that later). Made of graphene-infused glass.
Storage: 128GB, with microSD cards up to 128GB.
RAM: 8GB, this is 64bit now.
CPU: Snapdragon 810 and whatever GPU that it has.
OS: Android 5.0, with slight modifications to make use of that 6.44" screen (Multi Window, that floating window feature from the Note 4 etc.)
Cameras: Back: that 41MP sensor from the Lumia 1020 Front: N/A, selfies are for 12 year old girls in need of validation.
Plus, its exclusion would allow for slimmer bezels.
Battery: however much would be needed to push these pixels while getting a full day's worth of battery. I'm guessing around the 5300mAh mark. Also, the battery would be user-replaceable. Also super thin, about 35nm.
Hardware buttons: Capacitive at bottom. That small bezel would also allow for display drivers and two IR sensors for gesture control (more advanced than the Moto X's).
USB port: Not any, qi wireless charging FTW.
Materials: Graphene. This would effectively make the phone look like a sheet of slightly colored glass.
Thickness: since it's made of graphene, which is only an atom think yet is the strongest material on earth, I believe that the entire phone could be about 50nm (NM, NOT MM) thick, once you factor in the CPU, GPU, battery etc.
Weight: probably about 50-75g.
Off contract price: $650

That's my dream phone.

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Dream phone that was-
Samsung note 8 was the closest (discontinued) if it was running windows RT then even better.

Dream phone that is possible in future-
Asus padfone (note version). Again better if with windows.

Ultimate Dream phone

Rugged tough manly smartwatch with beeper( remember them) or calculator like display that only displays time date altitude temp and sms, but is the brain for the dream display I will describe further, also as a rubber keypad. Water proof. Gyro meter, gps, hrm, bluetooth for connectivity with the stylus headset.

The rollable digitizer *** capacitive screen rolled around the stylus. Stylus happens to be bluetooth headset and also a camera hopefully making it thick enough to hold comfortably. Also a torch.

I guess I am taking about samsung gear youm note with a super asus stylus.

And hopefully at an affordable price. Resolution of 1280 ×780 will be enough without any sound other than the beeper and ring music. You obviously are not expecting to be able to assemble an home theatre out of ur pocket on your wrist. Are you? No video playback , and mp3 playback, download only. I am sure you guys have a big smart TV at ur place.

Only videos I have seen on my smartphone till date are those "how to videos" and the ones through which most non medical people learn human anatomy and biology with good looking volunteers of either gender.

Thus I don't think I really need a media play back. Just ms office, a PDF editor and onenote. And every piece of hardware made to last. No hardware upgrades nesessary, you don't need much power to anotate pdfs and write a page.

S- health plus edition-

I don't think it will be hygienic but if blood sugar anylyser can be built in the strap diabetics will love it. A pulse oxymeter wouldnot hurt asthmatics. ;) just kidding

Last edited:

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
True 2 day battery life and a killer camera, with at least a 1080p screen at around 5 to 6 in. Is that too much to ask for? The S5 I have comes up a little short, but I can deal with it.

Geek Central

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Aluminum unibody design (no ugly plastic bits around the top and bottom)
IP 67 or 68 waterproofing
5.8" 1440p AMOLED screen
Snapdragon 810
Adreno 430
4 GB RAM
3500 - 4000 mAh battery
Rear-facing 20.7 mega pixel Sony camera with OIS and two-color flash
Front-facing 8 mega pixel camera with OIS
Qi wireless charging
Quick Charging
USB Type C
MHL out and USB On The Go
Touch fingerprint sensor, not swipe
Less than 8mm thick
Dual front-facing speakers (Boom Sound quality)
64 GB internal storage with Micro SD slot
Stock or almost-stock Lollipop (maybe useful features such as Moto Assist or an actual zero-volume function, not just the 'none' notification mode)
Wacom digitizer with included pen
Support for Wi-Fi Direct game controllers such as the NVIDIA Shield's
Symmetry in design (one flash on each side of the camera, headphone jack and USB slot centered on the edge of the phone, that sort of thing)

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Aluminum unibody design (no ugly plastic bits around the top and bottom)
IP 67 or 68 waterproofing
5.8" 1440p AMOLED screen
Snapdragon 810
Adreno 430
4 GB RAM
3500 - 4000 mAh battery
Rear-facing 20.7 mega pixel Sony camera with OIS and two-color flash
Front-facing 8 mega pixel camera with OIS
Qi wireless charging
Quick Charging
USB Type C
MHL out and USB On The Go
Touch fingerprint sensor, not swipe
Less than 8mm thick
Dual front-facing speakers (Boom Sound quality)
64 GB internal storage with Micro SD slot
Stock or almost-stock Lollipop (maybe useful features such as Moto Assist or an actual zero-volume function, not just the 'none' notification mode)
Wacom digitizer with included pen
Support for Wi-Fi Direct game controllers such as the NVIDIA Shield's
Symmetry in design (one flash on each side of the camera, headphone jack and USB slot centered on the edge of the phone, that sort of thing)

This sounds like most of what's going to be on Motorola's rumored Nexus 6-like phablet. A Nexus 6 with Motorola's near-stock experience and software features that's waterproof and has a 4,000 mAh battery and great standby time is my dream device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Imzadi8112

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
My perfect phone 📱 I love big screens. I want a 6.5 to 7.0 HD display. I want a phablet. Quad core, 20 mpix front cam, 16 for back. Body- sleek, thin, water, drop, dust, scratch proof. 128 memory to start. Can except any and every app, root included.

Posted via the Android Central App