What is your "PERFECT" smartphone??

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone just wanted to know what your "PERFECT" smartphone would be but it can only have stuff that already exists like 16 MP camera not a 99MP camera haha include everything even software android, ios you decide.

GeeKraft HD

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
It already exists for me atleast.
The closest to the perfect phone is the Nexus 6P, but if I could modify it, i'd shrink it to 5.4'' display, and i would add the Galaxy S6 cameras (front and back)

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm still contemplating getting the 6P but wouldn't hesitate if it had a removable battery, a stylus as in the Note line and the snapdragon 820. I would also like an SD card but could get by without it if it has a minimum of 128 GB.

Posted via Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Pretty simple. I've seen a lot of phones in 2015 and they each have their ups and downs. I'm taking the best parts out of my favorites of 2015 and merging them into what I think is the perfect device.

SoC: Quad-core setup running on an ARM-architecture
CPU: Any custom ARM CPU that has the single-core performance that rivals the Apple Twister CPU which also allows for superb multicore performance
GPU: The best each vendor has to offer (Mali T760 or Adreno 530)
Display: 5.5" 1440p OLED display with adaptive contrast and brightness
Battery: 4,220mAh Li-Po cell, sealed but easily replaceable if the need arises.
Storage: 64GB of NAND flash-based storage base, NVMe storage controller + microSDXC card slot
Software: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, stock, with extra features laid on top
Speakers: Dual-front stereo speakers, tuned by JBL
Connectivity: USB-C, Wi-Fi MIMO, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, LTE-A, and all the usual
Camera: 12.3MP main camera with 1.55-micron pixels and OIS + dual LED flash. 8MP wide-angle front-facing camera on the front. Laser AF
Audio: 32-bit DAC + headphone amp
Extras: Low-latency stylus, quick charging, IR blaster, multicolored notification LED, fingerprint sensor, iris scanner, etc.

And yes. It makes calls.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I found my perfect phone and it is my LG G3... Everything work the way I like. Nothing I found yet to be an issue for me.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is your "PERFECT" smartphone??

5.5" display with minimal bezel, stylus. Fingerprint sensor like the Nexus. Wireless charging and high speed charging. Minimum of 64gb internal, prefer 128 with partitions so that when you have to restore the phone it won't wipe music, movies ect., like having an exsd card. Waterproof. True usb c. Running cyogen but have full integration with the stylus like samsung. Big fricking battery. Samoled display, I hate the back light on my g3 for alarm clock. 4k for vr. And whatever the best guts to run it are. Plus a real camera.
A second device would be the same minus the stylus and 4.7"

VermaEklavya

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm still contemplating getting the 6P but wouldn't hesitate if it had a removable battery, a stylus as in the Note line and the snapdragon 820. I would also like an SD card but could get by without it if it has a minimum of 128 GB.

Removable battery, I agree. Stylus is also a personal preference.

However about SD 820- one must understand that there will always be a newer and faster processor every year. Discounting a device just because a newer processor is on the horizon seems slightly obnoxious. Nexus 6P is a great phone, highly optimised for the software it is running, has great battery life and super fast charging time, a beautiful display, nice build, lovely cameras, and a great price! SD 810 in the 6P is no slouch either, and flies through (figuratively) everything thrown at it. I haven't experienced lags or delays on this phone yet. (Sorry I sound like a fanboy, but Google and Huawei, awesome job making me into one!)

Posted via the Android Central App

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Discounting a device just because a newer processor is on the horizon seems slightly obnoxious.

If the 810 was the only reason then I'd get it tight now.

But where in the world did you get that just because a newer processor is on the horizon is the only reason I wouldn't want a phone??? Are you actually reading the sentence?

The processor is actually the last point of 3 reasons in that sentence alone. And I added 2 more reasons after that.

VermaEklavya

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
If the 810 was the only reason then I'd get it tight now.

But where in the world did you get that just because a newer processor is on the horizon is the only reason I wouldn't want a phone??? Are you actually reading the sentence?

The processor is actually the last point of 3 reasons in that sentence alone. And I added 2 more reasons after that.

Well it seems to me like you did not read my post either before jumping to a conclusion. I agree with two of your points, about the S Pen and removable battery. The part about SD 820 is a message in general, not a personal attack on you friend. :)

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough. I did read the rest of what you wrote. It's just when you wrote "...just because..." I took it to mean that was the only reason. Sorry if offended you. Didn't mean to.

Have a great day.

Sunhop

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Build: HTC one m9
Screen: Galaxy S6
Camera: Note 5
Battery : Droid Maxx 2
Speakers: M9

And the buttery smoothness of a Nexus 6P.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S6 active with expandable memory and a replaceable battery on Verizon.
LGV10 sized down a little with water-splash resistance and a more durable case/shell.

All phones are too thin for my tastes and IMHO they sacrifice battery capacity for thin-ness, which is not a good trade off in my book.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

If we are talking about dream devices you pretty much nailed it for me too. Don't get me wrong I already have a 6P and it is an amazing phone. But if they were to come out with a newer version with an SD820, a removable battery, and a micro SD slot I would be all over it. Or I would also be willing to trade the removable battery for waterproofing. More devices should be waterproof.

A stylus would be a nice feature too, but on a phone I could take it or leave it. Plus I can't see that happening on a Nexus phone unless they were going to start supporting stylus input natively in Android. Which wouldn't be a bad thing!

But if they did, (and I know I am going a bit off topic) I would love to see a new 7 or 8 inch Nexus tablet with a stylus. That would be glorious.

Owen Salisbury

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Phone like samsung s6 edge with all the latest fetures such as wirless charging bigger battery then apple and better pixel screen and camera quality. The only thing i would change is reversable plug like apple's. Also move the on off button higher up the phone. Maybe make the finger tip security button larger. Add android nfc payment. Nothing will be better then that.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Phone like samsung s6 edge with all the latest fetures such as wirless charging bigger battery then apple and better pixel screen and camera quality. The only thing i would change is reversable plug like apple's. Also move the on off button higher up the phone. Maybe make the finger tip security button larger. Add android nfc payment. Nothing will be better then that.

I would genuinely be surprised if the Next Samsung phone didn't have a USB type C port which will give you a reversible plug. I'd like to think most mobile devices made from now on should be getting a type-c port. Also the S6 already does NFC payments so I am sure they are keeping that feature not to mention it does loop pay too which is awesome. As for rearranging/resizing the buttons... who knows. They seem pretty content with their current layout so I doubt they will be changing it up much. But still that hardly seems like something that should be a deal breaker when the easily phone ticks off every other box on your wish list.

The issue for me is that Samsung software still stinks (my opinion) and there is no way that I could bring myself to buy another Samsung product. For my money stock Android is the way to go or at the very least the closer to stock the better.