Facebook is hacking and stealing my contacts and/or my phone log !!!!

dozer1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I am confident that Facebook is getting it's hands on my phone log and/or possibly my Google contacts. How can I prevent this? And I already checked with FB's privacy settings, no mention of it there.

I called a moving company from a print ad (they have no website). I entered him into my contacts. We spoke and texted, that's it, via my Android, Galaxy Note 3. He is now on my "people you may know" in FB. Worse my first and last name are on his FB.

This has been happening to alot of people on dating web sites (me included) but I couldn't tell if maybe the sites and Google had some arrangement but now I realize it's got nothing to do with internet contact. FB is getting the relationship straight from my Android and it's pissing me of. Not enough however to sell my FB stock, which has dome nothing but continually go up in value;)

Any ideas on how to put a stop to this short of closing my FB/Google accounts would be appreciated. :(

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup, the Facebook app has access to your phone contacts. You could switch it off in the app permissions if you use android m. Otherwise get rid of the app and use the mobile site. The app is a battery sucker anyway.

dozer1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I sent them a feedback strongly letting them know that allowing somebody that doesn't know what you look like or your last name now without you desiring it does know all of that is literally a security risk. But...I kinda feel like it's like standing outside a huge office building and yelling the same thing. Except maybe, just maybe if enough people yell about the same thing they'll give up some of their treasured permissions. Can't wait to get Marshmallow, that should do the trick. In the mean time I struggle along with the browser version.

dozer1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, waitin on Marshmallow for sure. Hopefully that will do the trick. Google has got it to Samsung and they have got it to T-Mobile. I just gotta wait til it trickles down to my "ancient" Note 3. It's not even for sure they'll update the Note 3 but I'm thinkin they will. Like it or not they always do;)
Cute doggie pic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1