Bouncy Mouse! My new game for Android tablets and phones

robo2x

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Android Central! I'm really excited to share my first Android game with everyone here. It's called Bouncy Mouse and it's for Android tablets and phones! In the game, you can shoot Bouncy Mouse using his elastic tail through 30 levels in 3 beautiful worlds. Take out Captain Cat (the evil cat who stole the Big Cheese) and get all the cheese back!

I left my job at Microsoft this year to move to San Francisco to make mobile games. So I hope everyone really likes it! Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

And here's the link to Android Market:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.munkadoo.bouncymouse

And here's a YouTube trailer:

ss-800-0-0

ss-800-2-0

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Fun game! It plays well on my thunderbolt except for one thing. It's not 100% fullscreen. There is a black bar on the bottom which takes up probably 10% of the screen. The game also reminds me of Worms which I love. So great work Eric!

robo2x

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Fun game! It plays well on my thunderbolt except for one thing. It's not 100% fullscreen. There is a black bar on the bottom which takes up probably 10% of the screen. The game also reminds me of Worms which I love. So great work Eric!

Thanks for the feedback! There's supposed to be an ad there (this is my full-time job so I need to monetize it somehow :p), but it won't show up if you don't have an internet connection.

I'm going to work on a way for a user to buy more packs of levels which will also remove the ad! Look for that next month! And I'm really glad you like the game!

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. The reason it doesn't show up on mine is because I'm rooted, but I definitely understand the need for the ads. Keep up the good work, I have a feeling your business will be successful!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting that it will not download...the status bar says "download of Bouncy Mouse was unsuccessful, please try again" I used both the QR code from the main page and looked it up in the market. Sorry for mentioning a glitch and I will keep trying thoughout the day.

Edit: I also tried downloading both through 4g and wifi

bananachunks

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Loving the game so far! My initial question was already answered (black bar at bottom, but I was in a no coverage area at work). Now ... am I just not seeing where to turn the music off from within the game?

Keep it up!

jacobh

Jan 2, 2011
angryapesgame.com
Very nice game! My wife likes it too. I noticed some of the artwork seems vector, so you can zoom in without the quality becoming aliased. Nice! :)

I noticed that one the sound effects plays only on the left audio channel (the bounce sound). Is that intentional?

Can I ask what you built the game with?

Cheers!
Jacob

Masterminded

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it this morning, it plays great, very smooth on my Evo 3d, keep up the good work, if only all apps had such good quality :D

Last edited:

robo2x

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Very nice game! My wife likes it too. I noticed some of the artwork seems vector, so you can zoom in without the quality becoming aliased. Nice! :)

Yeah! I'm glad you like it. The terrain / scenery is all polygon-based (converted from SVG), which has worked out great!

I noticed that one the sound effects plays only on the left audio channel (the bounce sound). Is that intentional?
lol, nope :D... I'll have to get that fixed in the next update!

Can I ask what you built the game with?
The game is mostly custom C++ code using OpenGL. For a simple 2D game, it seemed like overkill to use a big library like Unity. For physics the game does use Box2D though, which was a great choice. I can't say enough good things about that library!

Glad you enjoyed the game!
-Eric