Sony Playstation 1 (PSX) on Android upcoming release.

zodttd

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hiya all at AndroidCentral!

I'm ZodTTD. I port/program most of the emulators on the iPhone.
Recently there was a petition ( here ) to have me bring PSX, N64, and the VLC media player to the Android platform. With over 1800 signatures I started work on PSX a few days ago.

With the help of the author of the Android Marketplace's GameBoid (GBA emu) and Nesoid (NES emu) I have been able to get my Sony Playstation 1 emulator up and running.

It's currently within GameBoid's framework... So things are still a bit early, but it won't be long until a PSX controller skin, some features are added, and polish is given for a release.

Note that this release will be for Android 2.x and will require a recent CPU such as the Cortex A8 or Snapdragon.

I really would like to get the news out about this, especially to communicate with the 1800 people who signed the petition. :)

With pics inside, here's the news article link to reference:
Making Android Mine ? Blog Archive ? ZodTTD is showing some love to Android!

darkcovers

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Definitely, I support all developers. I couldn't do any of it myself. Haha.

N64 would be awesome.
mario 64, goldeneye, zelda, starfox.
loves those games.

gatorbait

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Didn't sign the petition, but I could only dream of seeing certain PS1 or N64 games running on a phone. You'll have my money.

How is the overall performance/framerate?

hunted

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What that is epic ps1 n64 very very cool

But VLC for my phone woooooooooooooooowhooooooooooo

especially if it had all those codecs in it like the pc/mac version does

zodttd

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's some info that I just posted to androidforums as well...

I still have a lot of games to test but so far so good in compatibility area. I say 3 out of 4 games run but it's higher than that to some degree. With a library of 1000's of games it gets tough to tell. Especially when lots of specific games are wanted and then there's 1000 junk titles.

I now have sound working as well. Needs to be tweaked for sure since it has gaps in it during MDEC (psx movies) playback. Hoping it's a buffering issue, if so it's fixed easily. In fact while typing this I might have figured out why. :p

My biggest concern is performance. I need to squeeze some more FPS still in games like Ridge Racer. Games like Buster Bros Collection and even Final Fantasy 7 are running well.

Will keep at it!

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Plazmic Flame

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If anything pushed me to getting Android, it was this. Thanks a million, can't wait to see the final results.

PS1, Breath of Fire 3 & 4 would be awesome.

Last edited:

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
You're a legend, my man, among the iDevice crowd (I'm still with them, halfway) and I can't wait to have this. Looking good so far!

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Suhweet!!! I would love to be able to play Metal Gear Solid on my N1 (when it gets here that is)
MGS = Best. Game. Ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae