[Free] UFO Wars, space game

Esaptonor

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have been having a lot of fun lately making my first android game.

You can check it out here - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=ufowars.game.free&token=6v2fIIF-

Its my first game, so I know I have a lot of areas to improve on.

What I really want, is some feedback. Like everyone I guess, except that I have a specific topic to get you going haha. The biggest area of concern seems to be the controls. From the incredibly limited feedback I have got so far, some people really dislike having to drag their finger around the screen, because it makes it harder to see the screen [their finger is in the way].

I can definitely see where they are coming from, but I purposely designed it that way because to me, the fun of the game comes from dodging the enemy missiles. Its more fun _actually_ having to guide your UFO around the missiles in order to dodge them, than just clicking somewhere on the screen and having the UFO move there.
Or so I thought! Im really looking for feedback in this area.

I could have added in a joystick style control, or even the touch-to-move-here style, or left it as a setting the user could pick, but I felt this might detract from the fun experience I was having dodging the missiles. Was that a bad call? Better to make users happier with the controls than force them to play in the manner I personally deemed more fun? Let me know!

And of course, hit me with all other kinds of feedback as well. I want to improve! :D

Last edited: