Emulator Suggestions

witnercoat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not very familiar with emulators and would appreciate any advice that anyone can give.

What are some of the better emulators. I'm looking mostly for nintendo and MAME, but I'm interested in all.

If they aren't available on Google Play, where is a good resource to find them? I know "Google" is always a possibility, but I'd prefer a more trusted source.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

-e

BranLee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have SNESoid for and don't have any problems. I forgot which nintendo one I have. As for how to "acquire" them: I torrented them and all the roms, they usually come in a big file altogether. you can also try 4shared.com from your phones browser and just search apk files

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have SNESoid for and don't have any problems. I forgot which nintendo one I have. As for how to "acquire" them: I torrented them and all the roms, they usually come in a big file altogether. you can also try 4shared.com from your phones browser and just search apk files

Or you could, you know, not condone warez and post links to the apps on the Play Store instead.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Or you could, you know, not condone warez and post links to the apps on the Play Store instead.

Except, I don't think there are any emulators on the play store. Historically, they quickly get deleted by Google because the dev usually doesn't have the rights to develop an emulator for a propriatary system. If you're talking emulators you're by definition talking warez. That's not to say I condone it, but it's the reality of the situation. I think the console maunfactures could make a lot of money licensing the rights to emulators to app developers. And then selling officially supported ROMs. But until they do, people are going to create "bootleg" ones ... for better or worse.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Except, I don't think there are any emulators on the play store. Historically, they quickly get deleted by Google because the dev usually doesn't have the rights to develop an emulator for a propriatary system. If you're talking emulators you're by definition talking warez. That's not to say I condone it, but it's the reality of the situation. I think the console maunfactures could make a lot of money licensing the rights to emulators to app developers. And then selling officially supported ROMs. But until they do, people are going to create "bootleg" ones ... for better or worse.

Hmm...I suppose I jumped the gun a little bit. I wrote that assuming the emulators in question were ones available on the Store. Believe it or not, there are still a multitude of emulators for Android on the Store, supported and going strong. Roms I'm ok with, as long as they aren't current generation consoles/platforms that companies still support and sell. The way I see it, once a console is discontinued all bets are off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams