Does anyone know an app or any other way to turn OFF the sounds for the ESPN Scorecenter alerts? I love the push notifications. But it goes off sometimes way too late. I don't want to just turn my phone on silent, though, as other important calls may come in.

any ideas?
    07-08-2012 11:57 AM
    You could get a "silent notification" sound and set it as the notification for the app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-2012 12:07 PM
    You could get a "silent notification" sound and set it as the notification for the app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    You can change notifications by app? How do you do that?
    07-08-2012 12:17 PM
    scorecenter doesn't allow you to customize the notifications. it doesn't even have a "notifications" preferences item. it just has "alerts"(completely separate from Preferences) where you pick which teams you want to be alerted on. all alerts are the same. it's all or nothing. apparently i must be a crazy person for wanting to see a notification in the notification bar without hearing the sportscenter jingle.

the only thing i can think to do (on a rooted device) is to find and rename the sound file that scorecenter is calling. but so far i haven't been able to find any .wav or .ogg files that have espn, sportscenter, or scorecenter in their names.
    10-01-2012 09:45 AM
    Open the Sportcenter app.
    Look for the menu icon on the upper right.
    Click on Inbox.
    You ca now adjust your alert settings.
    01-27-2014 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD