Gameloft game reviews.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Having recently perchased a Desire I was wanting to add some :cool: 3d games to it. There are a few on the market place but as gameloft have decided to sidestep this and opt for there own site to sell them direct, I went in search of them to check them out. But much to my dismay they have not added the option of rating them so you have to perchase them (without any refund option) before trying them out on your device this is a little rude of them in my opinion as there is no way of telling if they run smoothly on the Desire. I have come across several sites were people have mentioned that in some cases when theres a lot of npc's on the screen the phone starts to have trouble running the game.
So I decided to start this thread here so as we might be able to share our gameloft game experiences with one another so we don't go waisting hard earnt cash on somethink our device strugles to play.
So if you have perchased a gameloft game for the Desire please share your experiences with us all so we might make an informed choice as to weather we perchase or not. :D

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite interested as well. NOVA and Dungeon Hunter seem particularly appealing to me, might buy them when I get my next paycheck. :) Might wait for FroYo though, I'm really running out of space on my ROM. xD

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite interested as well. NOVA and Dungeon Hunter seem particularly appealing to me, might buy them when I get my next paycheck. :) Might wait for FroYo though, I'm really running out of space on my ROM. xD

Hehe yes I also Like N.O.V.A, Sandstorm: modern combat, have played them on my Iphone a few times but would love to have them on my desire,:D but I don't particularly want to pay ?5 for it and it run like crap. I don't think that Gameloft are being fair on the consumer here to be honest. I love my FPS games and am not realy into RPG's but am sure there are HTC Desire owners out there that would love to know how it runs I have searched high and low for reviews of these games on the desire but can't find any atall which is why I started this thread, and it seems that there are a lot of folk reluctant to make a perchase under these conditions that gameloft have implemented.:eek:
I have attempted to perchase N.O.V.A of Gameloft's own website 3 times now without any success surly this must be harming there sales..........

Last edited:

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. It would be so much easier if they'd just use the Market. Even though I can't access paid apps in the Market yet here in Sweden, I'm sure that'll change in the near future at which point I'd really have no problems buying the Gameloft games. They're just being stupid if you ask me.

kanoku

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i've downloaded & played dungeon hunter from the gameloft website
its quite nice, but can drain your battery in 2hrs played
also make sure you phone is updated to latest version or it keeps crashing

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i've downloaded & played dungeon hunter from the gameloft website
its quite nice, but can drain your battery in 2hrs played
also make sure you phone is updated to latest version or it keeps crashing
Thanks for the info ;-)
Would you please state for what device as the post is now in general and comments will come from across the board and we would all like to know for our own devices as games will and do run differently depending on device.
Thanks.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After 4 attempts at perchasing N.O.V.A I have finaly managed to get it to download and install, after playing it for a period and knowing how it runs on the Iphone I can say without a doubt that there are a few things I think gameloft need to address.
1: If you have one finger on the screen when starting to use the joystick it will go in the opposite direction.
2: It dose lag slightly when there is a lot going on onscreen but not so segnificantly that it effects gameplay dramaticly but is noticable.
However saying that the grafix are as good as what is seen on the Iphone, sound quality is good and clear and the game itself even after completing it previously still entertaining. It is not a total battery drain as it is on the Iphone this is only what I have observed on the HTC Desire running stock 2.1 and I cannot comment on other devices, as we all know it will perform diffrently depending on devices software version and hardware.

I cannot see gameloft adding there titles to the Android market any time soon, so I would advise people to get use to shopping directly with gameloft for now.

I hope his helps others in making there mind up on weather to perchase.

Last edited:

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Personally I will be waiting for Froyo to free up some Rom and give me a performance boost (despite the ports not being optimised for the Snap Dragon there should be some improvement). As to whether I will be drawn to using Gameloft's web site ... at the moment I think not. It seems incredibly strange that they are avoiding the Market and that the majority of new users have no idea that the option exists to buy them from somewhere else (or in the case of AT&T no option at all). I understand them having the option to buy direct, to service the international markets that the Android Market does not serve but it should be a parallel operation and it really needs to be a lot slicker.

I hope some of the other development houses up their games and see GameLoft's reticence as an opportunity to take a major lead over them on the Android platform ... then perhaps we will see them make concerted efforts. With apps to sd unlocking ROM limitations on many devices over the later half of this year, any developer not looking to exploit the inherent possibilities deserves to miss the boat.

Last edited: