- 2 Posts
Lost all my Angry Bird Scores when my battery died
I was playing Angry Birds with the phone plugged in and the screen started to get a few lines on it so I exited Angry Birds just before the phone shutdown. I have had this happen once before and everything was fine, but this time I have lost all my scores. I had 3 stars on almost every level. All levels are still unlocked and I still have my Golden Eggs, but I have no scores.
Can I get them back?
I do not want to root my phone. What do you recommend so that I can back up my Angry Bird scores so this does not happen again?
- 10-17-2012, 12:16 PM #2
Re: Lost all my Angry Bird Scores when my battery died
Games usually use two sets of data. One kind is the one used for settings, and one is for keeping scores and all database type information. I think what has happened is that the score database is wiped. And what about the lines? Do you see lines when your battery dies? I think your phone might have a bit of a problem.
1) Have you moved the game to SD? This might be a good practice to keep the information safe.
2) Another good practice is not to cause the game to start saving information when there is a risk of its operation remaining undone. So, when you see the phone dying, DO NOT:
- Exit the game
- Start any level
- Quit/complete any level
These cause the database to open for writing, but since your phone dies, half the data is written, and that half is meaningless. So next time the game just starts over. Instead, just put phone down and let it die. Pausing shouldn't harm.
Hope this helps
- 11-29-2012, 05:57 AM #3
- By tanda4 in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
- By Addie_Goodvibes in forum Android GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM
- By Mudvayne622 in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 8Last Post: 02-26-2011, 11:54 PM
- By jnadelman in forum Android GamesReplies: 67Last Post: 01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
- By AndroidXTC in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 12Last Post: 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM