Samsung Captivate Game Experience/Recommendations

iViz

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see a games thread for this phone. Since it has SUPER AMOLED I'm assuming the gaming experience should be great.

If you have tested out any games or want to recommend any games, go ahead and post here.

Keep updating this. :)

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing special or high-end for me:
- Robo Defense
- Word Drop
- Reversi
- Traffic Jam
- Solitaire
- Tic Tac Toe

I do get awesome video quality with the movie player, though.

Obeg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just checked out Armored Strike (ahh Scorched Earth) and Space Man... not bad at all.

Man I hope this is not the best this phone can do because both of these games are terrible gameplay and graphics (imo). That is 10 mins of download, install, play, uninstall time I will never get back!! ;-)

Some of my favorites that I have found so far:
Asphalt to show off graphics and speed
Raging Thunder to show off graphics and speed
Shoot U - because it is fun to shoot stuffed animals at stuff
Space Physics - Just cool fun - although easy and needs more levels

MarkD23

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Man I hope this is not the best this phone can do because both of these games are terrible gameplay and graphics (imo). That is 10 mins of download, install, play, uninstall time I will never get back!! ;-)

Some of my favorites that I have found so far:
Asphalt to show off graphics and speed
Raging Thunder to show off graphics and speed
Shoot U - because it is fun to shoot stuffed animals at stuff
Space Physics - Just cool fun - although easy and needs more levels

Neither game is anything special for graphics, but they are both have that old School nostalgia factor.

MarkD23

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just sideloaded Assasin's Creed, and NOVA last night. Those games are pretty solid. Kind of a pain that most Gameloft game's are not in the market.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't see ATT as a carrier option to buy from Gameloft, what is the deal with that? Can we still buy? Also, can anyone say if turning on airline mode with help game performance? I have Asphalt 5 HD and it runs well enough but there are a few slow downs here and there.

MarkD23

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't see ATT as a carrier option to buy from Gameloft, what is the deal with that? Can we still buy? Also, can anyone say if turning on airline mode with help game performance? I have Asphalt 5 HD and it runs well enough but there are a few slow downs here and there.

AT&T is not an option. I just choose T-Mobil and picked the Samsung Vibrant (or whatever) and used the Sideloader Wonder Machine.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll need to get used to the controls but given that it is a handset they are pretty good, it would be interesting if you could use the accelerometer though for something. Runs smooth enough but I only went through the tutorial and started the first mission then went out for the day with the wife. I'll play a bit more tomorrow but I'm not so much of a gamer really...

wildkarrde21

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've put on a couple dinky games, but the highlights have been:

SNESoid and GameBoid (SNES and GBA emulators, respectively...all my ROMs at my fingertips!)
Asphalt (for graphics demonstration)

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually liking Asphalt a lot, I like the steering, it is the best mobile driving game I've had, though the sound is wonky a little and it stutters here and there. I won my first race yesterday and I was stoked!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non