Scrabble?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app to play Scrabble WITH another user online? iTunes has this app and it's amazing. It just chooses an anonymous player if you want and you can play a word and it may go days before you play again, but the game goes on.
That is one thing I don't see here that iTunes has...a few better gaming apps. There was another I liked a lot WeRule, played that with my daughter on her ipod touch. I miss having that online player functionality (or whatever it's called) that itunes has.
Anyway...Scrabble anyone?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Try WordWise. It's the same thing and it's great. I always have several games going at once.

Trying it..yea, it works, gets the job done, but nothing as near as fun or good as Words with Friends. NO notifications, takes forever to get a random player, board is weird. But hey, it's ok.
Would REALLY welcome Words with Friends to Android!

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
scrabble recently sued to stop an online version in the the EU

I'm not surprised. If EA was smart, they'd make a true online version that is cross platform and they'd be pulling in cash. Instead, they're allowing third party apps to win the market.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
WordWise always crashed on my Droid whenever I attempted to lay down tiles.
As for Words with Friends, I posted an article a few months ago about the game. It included an interview with the developers. They do intend to create an android game, but it's far off. Unfortunately, it's low on their priority list.
I think they should check Android's increase in market share and reevaluate their priorities.

Wizzums#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
WordFeud is pretty decent. The ads are kind of annoying and I often seem to get connection problems, even when I'm using WiFi and sitting four feet from the router. No other connection problems on my phone during that time, so I'm assuming it's their servers.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 for WordFeud.

The frequency of ads could be tweaked a bit (at first I thought they were automatic every turn, but occasionally you don't get an ad) but I don't begrudge it as the app is early in development.

As well I'm sure server stability will improve (on another forum the dev mentioned he was doing work on the server which was the cause of the stability issue).

If you view the app as if it's in beta, it is really nice. Which isn't hard to do as I'm sure there will be updates frequently in it's infant stage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2