Crush the Castle Game

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just found the game Crush the Castle.

It's a blast. It's kind of like Angry Birds. Basically you catapult boulders into different structure to kill the knights, king, queen, etc.

My biggest beef with the game is that it's 19+ MB and doesn't support Froyo's run from SD card option yet. So if you're tight on internal space you may not want to bother.

I have an Evo and it runs really smooth on it. I've only played it around 30 minutes so far (breaks at work). Looking forward to playing some when I get home.

Edit: Of course as soon as I said it runs smooth it starts getting a little laggy. Overall still fun though I think.

Solid interface, graphics, game play, etc. Definitely worth $0.99 IMHO.

AppBrain : Crush the Castle

chart

Here's a flash version of the game if you want to check it out. For whatever reason the Android version seems to look better and feel better to me.

Crush the Castle | Armor Games

Here's the review of the game that turned me onto it:

Crush the Castle Review | Androidpimps

(PS. I'm in no way affiliated with that site, but I've got to give credit where credit is due)

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
19+ megs? Wow, Google Earth is only 10-ish. I am disappointed that Google Earth is not FroYo compatible. I mean it is Android, made by them, you would think their products would be i:)i

I will not install anything big that isn't able to be ran from the SD, I am lucky to ever have 50MB free even with FroYo. I moved everything to card that can be. I really hope the next Evo has at least 8GB of memory.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep 19.21 MB on the market (I just checked). It's like they didn't even try to optimize it. :confused:

I agree the next Evo definitely needs more internal memory. Hopefully as things get updated to 2.2 it won't be as big of an issue.

Fortunately for me I still have 220MB+ available on my internal storage so it wasn't as big of a deal. However if I need space it'll need to be one of the first to go. Although I'll miss it because it is pretty fun. Hopefully it'll be old news for me by then.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes but is it 19 megs of fun? I mean that is a lot of fun if it is. Thats equal to 20 Android apps i:)i

Yeah it really is 19 megs of fun .. :) ... I'm hours into it and still can't get enough of it. Almost have gold metals on everything.

Seriously its awesome! I'm off to play it now!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the size of the game... as long as it's optimized to run well.
I'll get it soon on my Evo after I flash the new Cyanogen nightly. The little gpu boost lets me play some games like Let's Golf without slowdowns.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Awesome game indeed. Been waiting on angry birds and this game will definitely hold me over until angry birds comes out. Great fun and runs awesome. So what if it takes up a not of space, just windfall something and put if back on after you had enough of playing this game. I am giving it two thumbs up!
I am running it on an EVO, and have had no slowdown.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So what if it takes up a not of space, just windfall something and put if back on after you had enough of playing this game. I am giving it two thumbs up!
I am running it on an EVO, and have had no slowdown.

I have about 50MB free on my Evo. When it gets to around +/- 40MB it puts up an error telling me the card is nearly full and I have to remove something. It also gives me problems just updating software until I get it above the magical number again.

I took off a LOT of software in the past and try to keep only the basics though I do have more I could remove I am sure. Point is the Evo is bad with the amount of memory it has. I was excited thinking I a device with a full GB of memory, even thinking I would have about 2/3 of it free. Nope we got less than 400MB free. I put everything on the SD card that is able to be moved. It is just hard when you actually want to have software on your device and use it to its full potential. Heck I don't even have any soundboards yet, which I love, because they take up so much space and none are movable to the SD card yet. I wish I could make my own that I could add sounds and keep them all on SD.

I simply do not have 20 MB to spare, simple as that!

I will probably get this when they release a version that can be installed on the SD card.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There is an update available for this game, you can now install ok the microsd card.

Oops...I confused this game with the Talking Tom app, it is the one that got the update that lets you install it on the card. Sorry.

Last edited:

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Does this install on the SD? 'Cause otherwise, I really don't have enough space. NOVA and Dungeon Hunter are taking up enough as it is.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I hate you... i:)i

LOL .. I agree. I don't know WTF they were thinking with the 1GB of internal memory on the Evo, I mean really HTC?

Does this install on the SD? 'Cause otherwise, I really don't have enough space. NOVA and Dungeon Hunter are taking up enough as it is.

Nope, no SD install as of now. Hopefully they'll update it soon but who knows.

Great game though. I finally got gold on everything now.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not that big....I only have 60 mb left myself, but this game is great. Especially after you beat every castle and you get to use the bombs on the earlier castle. The bombs make getting a gold medal in the earlier ones a piece of cake! It's really satisfying to get to go back to those castles at which you were only able to toss some little rock, and now shoot back at them with 3 bombs at a time. Watch that castle crumble and it's inhabitants fly through the air! Woohoo! That doesn't get old! LOL