[Free] True Fool – A Usable Durak Game

newgame

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy to announce True Fool for Android Free or Premium. True Fool is an implementation of the card game Durak with a focus on usability.

Here's a video of in-game play of version 1.3

I tried several existing durak games for Android and was always disappointed with their usability. This is, among many other, one motivation for creating True Fool. Playing a few rounds of True Fool should also be as frictionless as possible. That's why there is no menu, you immediately start in the game. This way, I hope, quickly playing a few rounds on the train is easy. I happen to catch myself doing exactly that even though I created it and often one is actually rather sick of playing one's own game so much - but not with True Fool ;).

What makes True Fool unique?
  • Focus on Usability: helpful visual hints, very good controls and tight gameplay
  • Beginner-friendliness: in-game rules and an interactive tutorial
  • To be played in between times without friction
  • Correct implementation of Durak Rules
  • Few options, good defaults
  • Less features, more Durak
    • No sound
    • No multiplayer
    • No Inn-App Purchases
    • No social media integration

And now some pictures:

E82JVeD.png
aLWCuE4.png
aC0Qii5.png
vvW8kTG.png
xip3Jro.png

Attachments

• 1_en.png
    1_en.png
    388.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2_en.png
    2_en.png
    417.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

newgame

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Version 1.2 has been released! The major new feature are in-game rules for those of you who aren't familiar with Durak or want to refresh their memory on the rules.

newgame

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
True Fool 1.3 now features an interactive tutorial! So even if you don't know the rules of the card game Durak you'll be able to quickly learn them with True Fool.

Apart from that I've created a video of True Fool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech