[Free] True Fool – A Usable Durak Game
I'm happy to announce True Fool for Android Free or Premium. True Fool is an implementation of the card game Durak with a focus on usability.
I tried several existing durak games for Android and was always disappointed with their usability. This is, among many other, one motivation for creating True Fool. Playing a few rounds of True Fool should also be as frictionless as possible. That's why there is no menu, you immediately start in the game. This way, I hope, quickly playing a few rounds on the train is easy. I happen to catch myself doing exactly that even though I created it and often one is actually rather sick of playing one's own game so much - but not with True Fool .
What makes True Fool unique?
- Focus on Usability: helpful visual hints, very good controls and tight gameplay
- Beginner-friendliness: in-game rules and an interactive tutorial
- To be played in between times without friction
- Correct implementation of Durak Rules
- Few options, good defaults
- Less features, more Durak
- No sound
- No multiplayer
- No Inn-App Purchases
- No social media integration
And now some pictures:
Re: [Free] True Fool – A Usable Durak Game
A new version of True Fool has been released. Version 1.1 contains many cosmetic fixes but most importantly a settings menu! Now you can play with 36/52 cards, 1-3 opponents and pick&choose your variations. Have fun!
- By atdmobile_world in forum Android App InventorReplies: 4Last Post: 09-05-2014, 10:59 AM
- By Baby-Bus in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-02-2014, 08:49 PM
- By angelisawesome in forum T-MobileReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-2014, 08:15 PM
- By ZCD in forum Beta RequestsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2014, 06:53 AM
- By Anton Rybin in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2014, 02:16 AM