Hyper Rift

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
google_feature_01.png

You wake up in the medical bay of a spaceship with no memory of who you're, who put you there, and why. When you explore the spaceship, you realize that you're not alone. You meet strangers claiming that they too, have lost their memories. Are they friends or foes? Who is the mastermind? Are you in purgatory?

Hyper Rift is a visual gamebook adventure that draws inspirations from science fiction mysteries like Event Horizon, Sunshine and Solaris, as well as traditional text adventures like Zork. We've crafted an original science fiction story that blends real science with imaginations and present choices that lead to far-reaching consequences. It also features number puzzles, situational puzzles, multiple endings and interesting characters that can save your life or betray you in critical moments.

Features:
- A novel gamebook format that guides you with a map of the game world and rich sound effects.
- 14 Endings to unlock, depending on how you play - kill or rescue? fix or sabotage?
- Loaded with hidden references to science fiction classics, from 2001 Space Odyssey to Planet of the Apes.

Discuss Hyper Rift at CKS Studio | To infinite possibilities and beyond

Google Play
===========
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.cksgames.hyperrift&token=P2P936KS

Amazon
======
http://www.amazon.com/CKS-Studio-Hy...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4181901

Screens
=======
S0_1.png

S1_1.png

S2_1.png

S3_1.png

S4_1.png

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link! That looks pretty cool. I love the old text adventures, and this seems like a nice combination of good writing and interesting graphics. I'll give it a try!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying this adventure game so far! Nice interface, interesting story, and good writing (although a few spelling errors here and there). Will leave a positive Google Play review when I'm done or almost done with it.

Keith Burgun

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Looks good, but I recommend you use a sans-serif font (NOT Arial, and preferably not one of the MS Word 2007 fonts...) for your block text because sci-fi and serifs don't generally mix that well. Anyway, good luck with your game.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually think the font's a nice throwback to the text adventures of old, typing away at my old Apple ][+! :)

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for the positive feedbacks, Diddy and Keith! We've released 1.0.2! Diddy, I hope you can solve the mysteries of Hyper Rift. Please tell me which ending you're able to unlock in your first playthrough!

====
Based on the overwhelming feedback from fans of the HTML5 demo, we
- Improved 300+ prose.
- Corrected 100+ typographical and grammatical errors.

As for the font, it's actually Fira Mono, not Arial. We find Fira Mono from a website that recommends a list of top science fiction fonts :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Quite engrossing so far. A bit stuck at the guy who's hanging upside down. It'd be nice to be able to save more than one game!

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Quite engrossing so far. A bit stuck at the guy who's hanging upside down. It'd be nice to be able to save more than one game!

Hi Diddy, he can be saved by tackling a little puzzle at the console :)

Thank you for your feedback on multiple save slots. Initially we opted for 1 save slot because we wanted the players to play naturally. However, we'll implement it if many many people ask for it!

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hyper Rift is now #138 in the 'Top Free Adventure' chart on Google Play. Thank you for your support!

10458098_719403418158742_336519224691787729_n.png

And the most unlocked Ending? It's Ending A! What a nasty way to end the game because the mysteries remain largely unresolved! Well, try again!

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your support, SmileQTEEP :)

A player posted a question about an encounter in Hyper Rift in a game cheat site!

http://www.chaptercheats.com/qna/iph...htm?qid=113797

Hao is someone you'll meet in the spaceship. He's knowledgeable and daring, but a bit uppity. Having someone like that around might help you overcome some challenges, but you'll first have to pass a grueling mini game that tests your knowledge in dark matter and wormholes.

Can you help Chuck recruit Hao successfully?

We look forward to the day when a fan creates a walkthrough for the 14 endings of Hyper Rift!

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Many players have been asking for ads-removal IAP for Hyper Rift. They say that the distractions severely diminish the immersiveness of the game. It's also depressing to see some players punishing the game with 1 or 2 star ratings because of the ads.

I'm happy to announce that we've released the IAP-incorporated version on Google Play! The corresponding iTunes version will also debut in about a week.

We're happy that you like the game enough to make this request. Thank you for your support!

=====
By popular demand, added IAP for ads removal. Now you can immense yourself in the deep sci-fi story without any distractions!

Last edited:

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
We're very very proud that 148apps.com, a famous mobile game review site, has picked up Hyper Rift, and awarded it a 3.5/5 score - Above average, considering this is our first text-heavy gamebook!

Here are some of the nice things the reviewer says about Hyper Rift.

... a pretty fantastic sense of mystique ...
... dense puzzle solving sequences ...
... unpredictable and interesting narrative turns ...
... unapologetically challenging when it comes to puzzle solving ...
... definitely worth picking up ... (!)

The review points out a few issues with the control scheme and the writing. We'll try our best to improve it. In terms of the story, Hyper Rift will be a hard act to follow!

So, thank you 148apps for introducing Hyper Rift to the world!

Hyper Rift Review » 148Apps » iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch App Reviews and News

DrExK

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Reviews
=======
'A pretty fantastic sense of mystique ... dense puzzle solving sequences ... unpredictable and interesting narrative turns ... unapologetically challenging when it comes to puzzle solving ... definitely worth picking up.' ~ 148apps.com

'Visually appealing ... generous in twists and turns ... hard science based puzzle challenges ... unlocking 14 endings is an itch you will want to scratch ... a must-have for any sci-fi gamebook fan.' ~ Pocketmeta

'Engrossing game with modern visuals ... cerebral and immersive ... futuristic yet retro feel ... a heady game of imagination and discovery.' ~ 365playpal