Strategy RPG's?

AgentBEATS

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for games in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics and the like. I always use to love playing them while travelling and now having an Android phone I figured there might just be one out for it.

I find it rather difficult to find good games on Android as the market is pretty convoluted and the sections are not very restraining meaning there is always a lot to go through.

Any help would be appreciated.

AgentBEATS

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
There will be a tactical RPG called "Spectral Souls" coming out soon (hopefully), I too would also like these kinds of rpgs out for android devices. Crossing my fingers for a Disgaea android game!

Spectral Souls beta video shows awesome tactical RPG for Android | DroidDog Android Blog

Ahh, I saw that video a couple months ago but I forgot about it until now. I was hoping it would have been out by now, but what can you do.

So is there anything similar that can tied me over until that comes out?

With the constant increase in popularity of Android, I'm hoping some bigger commercial developers will start porting their games. iOS is getting the actual Final Fantasy Tactics, here is hoping that happens for Android.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Well if you need to take care of your Tactical RPG fix, there are a bunch of emulators for gba/gbc, nes, snes and other vintage consoles that I'm sure have at least a handful of TRPGs. As for "original" ports or even original games overall, I don't think there will be much effort made until Android devices meet the same market share as iOS devices.

On top of that, with hardware and software variations from one Android device to the next, it would increase the difficulty of making a game that many can enjoy. But let's hope I'm wrong about that in the long run.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh I just remembered, if you want FF Tactics on your phone, couldn't you get an emulator like Gameboid and play FF Tactics Advance?

sukjeffrey

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just saw that Spectral Soul beta video, and I'm really impressed. I didn't think Androids would be able to support intricate games like that. Guess I'll be ditching my PSP for good once games like those come out. :)

But I bet it kills the battery pretty quickly...

AgentBEATS

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh I just remembered, if you want FF Tactics on your phone, couldn't you get an emulator like Gameboid and play FF Tactics Advance?

Or even better, use psx4droid and play the original FF Tactics. I could do that, but I was hoping for some others as I'm pretty well versed in the strategy games for gba or psx.

I appreciate the sentiment though, as I somehow completely forgot about using either of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc