[GAMEVIL] Baseball Superstars 2011 on Android 12/24!

gamevil

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Time to get back on the diamond for Baseball Superstars 2011! ;)
Coming to Android on December 24.

Also on the Phandroid Android Forums, check out RPG game ZENONIA 2, releasing on the same day!

bs2011_android.jpg

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got this game about an hour ago. It is pretty sweet, but I am having some issues. First, the game crashes a lot. Second, turning off vibrate apparently doesn't work. I also ran across an interesting Marketplace quirk saying there is constantly an update for the game.

I have a Samsung Fascinate. I have BS 2010 as well, and that game runs like melted butter. I have never purchased a game on initial release so maybe this buggy situation is par for the course?

Anyway, just a heads up for those out there who are curious about this game.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been playing the heck out of this game since it was the Amazon free app of the day. I've mostly been playing the My League mode. I've played enough seasons that the RBI and HR goals are pretty tough for me to achieve. One season I exactly met the RBI goal, and I was the league leader in RBI. I've come to the conclusion that we need a new manager. No quality manager is going to ask a 10 year veteran, career .400+ hitter, 3 time league MVP, 2 time Superstar to lay down a sacrifice bunt. No manager would mention sending a 10 year veteran, career .400+ hitter, 3 time league MVP, 2 time Superstar to the minors, or try to put additional pressure on him during an at bat. It's wrong to judge me on RBI when I come up to bat with the bases empty so often. Most of the time the only way to get RBI is to hit a homerun, and the problem with that is even though I've beefed up my power my HRs are dropping (maybe that's why they started suggesting that I should retire after 7 years... retire when I'm still hitting .400+ and carrying this team?). I'm pretty sure that I know why my team has yet to win a championship, and it's not because of this 10 year veteran, career .400+ hitter, 3 time league MVP, 2 time Superstar.

The girlfriend scenarios are frustrating. I've had to face satanic pitchers, possessed pitching machines, and for what? So the girl can move away? This 10 year veteran, career .400+ hitter, 3 time league MVP, 2 time Superstar should be able to do better than that. I know what the problem is, that tightwad manager isn't paying me enough. Shouldn't I be eligible for free agency by now? I'm a 10 year veteran, career .400+ hitter, 3 time league MVP, 2 time Superstar making below the MLB minimum. I need to find a team and a manager that will respect me.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The team's lack of respect continued. What did this 13 year veteran, career .400+ hitter, 6 time league MVP, 3 time Superstar get as a reward after his 13th season and 6th MVP? That's right, they forced me into retirement. Then I had to pay 20,000 G points to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I had to go earn most of that doing the Homerun Derby. What did induction get me? All I can tell is that I could give myself away to someone else who owns the game.

So I created a new player and went with a different team. The manager is still clueless in many ways, but I won the MVP, we won the league championship, and I was named to the Superstars and we won that as well. After that first season, I threatened to bring in my agent to negotiate my salary, and got 20% above the first offer. Respect, I may have found it.

gamevil

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
aseball Superstars? 2011. is now LIVE on Android Market.
Grab the complete version for FREE!
Yes, absolutely FREE :)

Baseball Superstars? 2011. - Android Market
market.android.com
THE MOST COMPLETE BASEBALL EXPERIENCE ON ANDROID MARKET! THE MOST COMPLETE BASEBALL EXPERIENCE ON ANDROID MARKET! Baseball Superstars? 2011 is a full featured baseba...

safe_image.php

Pixel

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I am in absolute love with this game. In my 12th season in My League and I'm starting on my season now. I love that you can 'acquire' your player from My League onto your roster in season mode.

But is anyone aware of how to unlock the last 3 items (bats, helmets, band, cleats)? I know for one of those you need to buy all of the items in that category, but I have no idea how to get the other two.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I am in love with this game as well. I think many who downloaded it from Amazon didn't give it a fair shot

They needed to turn the speed down slightly and choose the game mode to play an entire team for 9 innings before trying the (initially) confusing (but additive) RPG mode (confusing to Westerners)

I think there is a lot of fun to be found here as long as you don't take things too seriously.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

quantumiq

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
@deercreek i love your thoughts on this game. I usually play my baseball games on console but this game is addicting! great game to play on the go. I agree, this 3 time MVP, 5 year vet batting .500 still gets asked to lay down bunts! but we have won the championship 2 times so he must be doing something right?