[2.3.3+][FREE][GAME] S.C.I. : A new Tetris like in 3D !

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

1.png

The main goal of this "puzzle" game is to deliver a cube planet from cube invaders. To reach that, you can select at least 3 consecutive cubes having the same color, and then destroy them. Associating more than 3 cubes creates a bonus to destroy more the next time.
There are several game modes as traditional "Score" one, or also for example a "Discover" mode to make to game funnier.

On the social side, by connecting you to Facebook, you can watch your friends progress in the universe, and send them lifes or tickets to win more bonus. The game progress is associated to your Facebook account, to make it portable from a device to another one.
With the Google account, you can read the global leaderboard of all players or also unlock a lot of achievments.

Here are some screenshots :

xQ_nma_TuUhIcgo7u22ctCLQ0onLiAY7YFn9xsQm_uH8SsP8WhdM2K1fbDei5e2RoA=h310-rw

UdF7rDfZAmoWKzJS4edo8LX9nlkBjbhuMQSqE-1DHJNxMnU9mYUG9A8qxlcKTtzsN98=h310-rw

SM9mKnsjp9NzNqpnwnGA_g7PkCkamicXGUesrj9LaiYy7jwosjgpYcLaltWiSRIml5u5=h310-rw

fQeYf79xKVMHTIlfPETEejdjuRrSaX7WWYb83hnV9M0p80TXzYCH58XMRAV4fBKjeaA=h310-rw

SpvefyyY6WCu1NJMuNe3DIwewbcaVIJdIGdtiAWnxImw_YTjcOCJFvvKdb4o0Bik5OA=h310-rw

jwZylh8O0926WiXjVKn4yFgoiHJEArwlLcKRqLwbx7Y2X2F3Cfv9dv5Izb3RMUko9ORa=h310-rw

3Ip8kKEta8wDbHSPpTmplmTNU7vTn6Lhune65jLodLNLJd1-z3kYOMWplmeJnk_Anbs=h310-rw

_XLa_28W0o3fMxU-FrmliUjmneg_Yfsr0LZTh6mFVpL8Y8ZYOfB0c9BrLiNelxx_vjc=h310-rw

I hope you will like !

:)

Last edited:

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: [2.3.3+][FREE][GAME] S.P.I. : A new Tetris like in 3D !

Thanks for the link!

You're welcome ! I hope you will really like :)
I spent almost 10 months for the development. But now it's really hard to promote freely the game, even if it is a good one. Next to this, I've made a lot of updates for bug correction, so the game mechanism might be really safe now.

I really advise you to have a look and get it on Google Play ! And if you don't like, uninstall it after ? It is free :)

IlluminAppti

May 23, 2015
Visit site

I'll be honest. It looks and feels very professional and the way that it's set-up, would be ideal as a console/steam game.

But, for a mobile/tablet game. I found that the lengthy tutorial really got on my nerves after a bit.

I think that most people are programmed to pick up and play, these days. The idea is to explain how the game works and how to play, in the simplest and quickest way possible.

I play TONS of app games and that tutorial was by far the longest one that I've ever had to sit through. At one point, I felt like quitting. But, then I wouldn't be able to review it.

Overall: I like the actual game and think it's a very clever concept. I can see where you're going with it. But, I would shorten that tutorial ASAP.

You pick up a game to play it. Not to sit through all the different settings etc. On offer.

If you could change the tutorial to just a couple of screen clicks. I think you'd be onto a winner with it.

At the moment. Especially with all the impatient gamers out there (me included). I can see people not making it to actually playing it. Which would be a shame, as it's a good game - like I said before.

Hope that didn't come across as mean, negative etc. As that wasn't my intention. Just telling you what I think.

Zed2100

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Nice concept, the graphics could use a little bit of consistency and a limited color palette.

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I'll be honest. It looks and feels very professional and the way that it's set-up, would be ideal as a console/steam game.

But, for a mobile/tablet game. I found that the lengthy tutorial really got on my nerves after a bit.

I think that most people are programmed to pick up and play, these days. The idea is to explain how the game works and how to play, in the simplest and quickest way possible.

I play TONS of app games and that tutorial was by far the longest one that I've ever had to sit through. At one point, I felt like quitting. But, then I wouldn't be able to review it.

Overall: I like the actual game and think it's a very clever concept. I can see where you're going with it. But, I would shorten that tutorial ASAP.

You pick up a game to play it. Not to sit through all the different settings etc. On offer.

If you could change the tutorial to just a couple of screen clicks. I think you'd be onto a winner with it.

At the moment. Especially with all the impatient gamers out there (me included). I can see people not making it to actually playing it. Which would be a shame, as it's a good game - like I said before.

Hope that didn't come across as mean, negative etc. As that wasn't my intention. Just telling you what I think.

Thank you very very much for you review. Just to begin, do not be afraid of saying something it's bas, that's what I am searching to improve the game. So just for that, thank you ! It's that way and thanks to you that the user experience will be better and better.
To talk more technically and to sum up your point of view, the tutorial is really to long.
What I suggest you before going to make a great update and code for some days, is to :
- Reduce the total size of the tutorial.
- Split the tutorial and start it only when needed, I mean only when the user makes a new action : Clicking on the settings menu, the bonus menu, life menu, ... and every first time the playing is starting a new game mode
- In all small tutorials (about 5-6 steps max), I will add a "Skip" button to avoid next steps.
The main difficulties I have with the tutorial is to explain the game mechanism which might be complex the first time the user is playing ...

Next to the tutorial, have you other suggestion to improve it ?

In all likelihoods, thank you for the time you spent on my game. I really appreciate that :)

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Concerning the color palet, I don't really see what color I've to change as the main color might be gray/black and the only color changes are the invaders flying in the background. Maybe I could make theire color change slowly. I will have a look on this and test some new combinations. Thanks for your short point of view ;)

IlluminAppti

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Thank you very very much for you review. Just to begin, do not be afraid of saying something it's bas, that's what I am searching to improve the game. So just for that, thank you ! It's that way and thanks to you that the user experience will be better and better.
To talk more technically and to sum up your point of view, the tutorial is really to long.
What I suggest you before going to make a great update and code for some days, is to :
- Reduce the total size of the tutorial.
- Split the tutorial and start it only when needed, I mean only when the user makes a new action : Clicking on the settings menu, the bonus menu, life menu, ... and every first time the playing is starting a new game mode
- In all small tutorials (about 5-6 steps max), I will add a "Skip" button to avoid next steps.
The main difficulties I have with the tutorial is to explain the game mechanism which might be complex the first time the user is playing ...

Next to the tutorial, have you other suggestion to improve it ?

In all likelihoods, thank you for the time you spent on my game. I really appreciate that :)

I'm not saying it's bad, by all means.

The only thing that I feel may become a problem is how lengthy the tutorial is.

I think that you should definitely have a tutorial. But I don't think that you need to include settings, IAPs etc. That's something that the player can figure out, on their own.

Just a quick look at what the goal is. Where to click etc. I didn't take in 80% of what the tutorial was telling me. I just kinda winged it, when it started.

I can see what you are doing. But, I feel that handfeeding the player too much will just cause boredom and annoyance.

I wouldn't stick it into a "Tutorial" button. As, I think that people are likely to skip that. But, I put all the settings, IAPs and other not-so-important features into a tutorial.

The "bare-bones" of the game should really pop up, before each session.

So, like I said before. It's important to make it short and understandable.

You should be able to explain it, in a couple of sentences.

Zed2100

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Concerning the color palet, I don't really see what color I've to change as the main color might be gray/black and the only color changes are the invaders flying in the background. Maybe I could make theire color change slowly. I will have a look on this and test some new combinations. Thanks for your short point of view ;)

What I meant by my comment was that in my opinion, the background colors are a bit distracting. The cube is colorful and it's nice, but if I had to make the background, I would use something darker to make the game elements stand out. It's not that bad, all I'm saying is that it could use a little more contrast between foreground and background.

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I think that you should definitely have a tutorial. But I don't think that you need to include settings, IAPs etc. That's something that the player can figure out, on their own.

Just a quick look at what the goal is. Where to click etc. I didn't take in 80% of what the tutorial was telling me. I just kinda winged it, when it started.

I can see what you are doing. But, I feel that handfeeding the player too much will just cause boredom and annoyance.

I wouldn't stick it into a "Tutorial" button. As, I think that people are likely to skip that. But, I put all the settings, IAPs and other not-so-important features into a tutorial.

Thank you for your feedbacks.
What I suggest is:
- Add a "Skip" button on each tutorial steps for player who already knows how to play.
- to keep the first level with main tutorial steps to just show the user what to do to play, as it might be destabilizing for the player to not know what to do ... This way, with the "Skip" button, he can quit the tutorial whenever he wants. What I propose is to keep steps on the main level to explain main game objectives of the first level, destroy three invaders (the main game mechanism) and how to create a bonus and use it (the second main game mechanism).
- When the user opens the first time a menu (Settings, Bonus menu & Life) it show the tutorial associated (2/3 steps) with the possibility to skip it. Moreover, I will add a very small button to replay it when the user wants.
- When the user starts a new game with new game objectives, I will not display any tutorial, but some invaders saying what the player has to do to win.

Do you agree with my wording ?
:)

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

What I meant by my comment was that in my opinion, the background colors are a bit distracting. The cube is colorful and it's nice, but if I had to make the background, I would use something darker to make the game elements stand out. It's not that bad, all I'm saying is that it could use a little more contrast between foreground and background.

Thank you for your remark. I will rework on it for the next release :)

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your feedback. How graphics might be improved according to you ?

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I've just updated the game. The new release might be available in an hour or less.
The major update is dealing with the tutorial :

• Main tutorial is reduced in time and steps, to make it faster and target main game mechanisms.
  • Secondary tutorials are introduced : Lifes, Settings & Bonus menu have their own small tutorial in few steps which automatically run the first time you open the menu. For next time, a special "i" button was added to replay the tutorial when you want !
  • Each tutorial can be stop when you want according to the small "x" at bottom right of each tutorial screen.
  • Background light was reduced to focus on top view items.

Thanks a lot for all of your comments, you really make me improve the game :)
Do not hesitate to add any of your ideas or remarks !

<outside link removed by moderator per rules>

P.S. : If you try the game, you could help me to promote the game by rating it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kramhauru

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Nice idea, but the tutorial is too long and may discourage some new users

Did you try the latest version ? There are some deltas between publish and availability of new versions. The latest is 1.2.
In all likelihoods, thanks for the remark !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress