Why won't my Chinese generic brand Android Phone load Candy Crush?

A

AC Question

Chinese Generic Brand Android Phone Wont Load Candy Crush Games

I am using a chinese android phone with android 4.4 installed - the phone will run most apps like facebook and ebay etc but when I install games like candy crush, it will install them but will not load up and play them - it will load to the start screen and then crash.

I have installed adobe air which allows other games to run just fine also I have tried installing adobe flash from the archives to see if it helps

the phone has 2GB built in RAM and a duel core processor the memory isn't huge but I has installed a 8GB high speed TF card

Thanks in advance

Matthew

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chinese Generic Brand Android Phone Wont Load Candy Crush Games

Welcome to Android Central! How are you installing the game? I assume you're either using a non-Google Play app store, or you're manually installing the .apk. The most likely explanation is that the game isn't compatible with that phone. There are lots of reasons why an app might not be compatible, so it's difficult to know exactly why. Don't be surprised if you encounter this a lot--this is one of the major drawbacks of these generic phones.

vapourator

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi - thanks for the reply - the phone I have is set up just like any other android phone - Play Store installed and using that to download games etc - I am able to download many different games, even some very large games and they play ok, even pet rescue saga runs fine even though its made by the same people.

I have tried installing a apk patch from a site and yet it still doesnt allow it to run correctly - some games play correctly, then some don't - this seams to be the case with many android devices, especially my wifes LG phone which refuses to play certain games aswell.

Thanks

Matthew

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to manually install Google Play Store? If it didn't come preinstalled, then I would guess that it would have some difficulty determining if an app is fully compatible with your device. So it might let you install an app, even if it really can't run on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Generic Chinese phones usually don't have the Play Store installed, since they usually aren't certified for Google Play. Go to Settings>Apps>All, and select Google Play Store. Is there an option there to Uninstall, or only to Uninstall Updates or Disable? If you can completely uninstall it, then it wasn't truly preinstalled--someone at the plant may have manually installed it.

vapourator

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi again - Yeah it will only allow me to uninstall updates on the play store - I have had a few other chinese android phones in past and usually its the same again, I can only uninstall updates.

I have managed to install ps1/ps2 emulators and they work fine, considering the size of the game files etc so this is a mystery to why it hates candy crush style games

Thanks Again
Matthew

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the phone just isn't compatible for some reason, and the Play Store can't figure that out since it's a generic device.. Another thing you could try would be to disable Google Play Games, in case it's crashing due to its interface with that game.