Best word games for Android

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've always been a big word game fan - always did the Jumbles in the paper and played a lot of Scrabble with my dad and other family. I've found a couple of word games that I really like but am curious if you know of others I could try.

Word Up
This one's free and based upon the old Boggle game. It does a great job of keeping track of high scores and also gives definitions for words you may not know. The screen is not quite as responsive as I'd like, but all in all, and especially for free, it's a great game.

Word Pop
This one has a free version (Word Pop Lite), but if you like the game you'll want to pay the $2.99 like I did. This is like Tetris mixed with Boggle and Scrabble. Bubbles pop up with letters on them, some double word, triple word, etc points. You have to make as many words as you can before the screen fills. The "record keeping" isn't nearly as good as Word Up, but it's ok. The screen responsiveness is a bit more of an issue with this than with Word Pop, but not bad.

Word Search
This is a good one for kids like my 7yo girl, and it's free. It's not real challenging for me, as an adult, but it's still fun sometimes. It's better for her, though, because it helps her with her spelling. It doesn't do much to help me learn anything new.

Any other good ones out there? I'd love to find something more like Scrabble....

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Tried to find Word Pop/Word Pop Lite - no locate in the Market :(

I found Wordfeud and Wordsy awhile back - never played games online w/anyone before and LOVE IT! Would welcome a few more recommendations for word skill type games.

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Are any of these games optimized for tablets? Wordfeud works ok on a Xoom but not sure about other games.

Also, can you please specify the names of publisher of these games or provide a link to market? The games in first post bring up lots of games with similar names. It would be nice to know which one you are suggesting/recommending.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Lately I've been on a Wordsmith kick (I grabbed the paid version when it was free on Amazon). I prefer it over Wordfeud or Words w/Friends. Especially since you can have up to 4 players in each game/match.

Only real downside is you have to find a reliable group of friends/contacts/buddies to play any online word games anymore, as it seems around 50% of the playerbase use apps or websites to cheat.

akkabukkaapps

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a new game out on the market called Baarish - a cross between Tetris and Boggle. There is a post on the Games forum about it.

My wife is a big fan of WordFeud.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude