Overheating

tacky12

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an LG Spirit (MS-870) and I love it, but now I've noticed that even using something as simple as Google Chrome can make the phone HOT. I'm confused as this hasn't happened on other Android phones I've had.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
My LG Optimus F3 heats up if I plug it in and use GPS with 3G and Google maps and I read it's the screen partially. The brighter I turn up the screen, the warmer it gets. It's not a problem running off battery for me. It's just a design flaw I think. I wonder if the new G2 does this.

Posted via Android Central App

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
To be sure you might measure the phone's temperature with a battery app like Battery Monitor Widged, it provide a graph of temperature by time.
It shows the temperature of the phone's battery ... because it's the phone's most sensitive component therefore this is the temperature you might worry about.
Dont't worry about the processor's temperature, it's allowed temperature is far above the battery's :)

The Li-Ion battery's allowed temperature is for discharging up to +60C (+140F) and for charging up to +45C (+113F).

BTW, if the battery remains within its allowed range that means it doesn't represent any danger. But high temperatures will decrease the battery's life cycle span.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek