- 09-30-2013, 03:06 AM #2
- 25 Posts
My LG Optimus F3 heats up if I plug it in and use GPS with 3G and Google maps and I read it's the screen partially. The brighter I turn up the screen, the warmer it gets. It's not a problem running off battery for me. It's just a design flaw I think. I wonder if the new G2 does this.
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-30-2013, 03:56 AM #3
- 320 Posts
To be sure you might measure the phone's temperature with a battery app like Battery Monitor Widged, it provide a graph of temperature by time.
It shows the temperature of the phone's battery ... because it's the phone's most sensitive component therefore this is the temperature you might worry about.
Dont't worry about the processor's temperature, it's allowed temperature is far above the battery's
The Li-Ion battery's allowed temperature is for discharging up to +60C (+140F) and for charging up to +45C (+113F).
BTW, if the battery remains within its allowed range that means it doesn't represent any danger. But high temperatures will decrease the battery's life cycle span.
Last edited by Adamsberg; 10-04-2013 at 08:18 AM.
- By Muhamad44 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 09-13-2013, 08:56 AM
- By mkochsch in forum HTC OneReplies: 12Last Post: 08-24-2013, 08:55 PM
- By maybachgurl in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2013, 01:44 AM
- By David Stabinsky in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
- By mikeact in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 05-31-2013, 05:43 PM