Hp touchpad dead screen _ need data off

FirstBerry101

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I have an HP TouchPad that I was using with Android.. I dumped it in the bath tub, and killed the screen.. If I turn All the lights off in bed room, and climb under blankets I can faintly seen the touchpad is working, but not well enough to actually dabble in menu's.

Is there a way to erase all the data on it via a USB cable and a computer? I don't want to recycle it with data on it.

Thanks,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're still looking for an answer, it may be simpler than you think.

Open the pad. (You're throwing it out, so breaking the case shouldn't matter.)

Find the electronics. Most of it will be on one board. Take that board out, put it in the oven, put it on Broil and broil the board for about 15 minutes. (At that point, most likely there won't be any recoverable data left. 500 degrees F is a little beyond the guaranteed maximum storage temperature of most electronics.)

Just to be sure, when it cools off find an anvil (like a large vise with a place to hammer out sheet metal) or a strong rock. Put the board down and pulverize it with a hammer. Even the NSA wouldn't be able to get any data off it.

The whole process, including the broiling time (but not the cooling off time - just let it sit for an hour or two while you do something else) shouldn't take half an hour.

(You don't want to broil the whole pad. The smell will be bad enough when the coating on the board burns off. If you broil the plastic [case and screen], you won't ever get the stink out of the walls.)

BEEFTECH

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
dump it into the ocean : salts and Iodine will do the job for all metalic parts .The plastic parts will join the plastic ocean-party with all the other plastics and styrofoams and then theses will start a new kind of life not-mineral-not plant-not-animal but purely-human or let's say...grey's-kind of autonomous existence and they will live longer than their humans ancestors,gods and CREATORS (mostly of the " transformators-bastardors-destructors-of-all " class)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463