Need an Android Web Browser that doesn't constantly reload open pages....

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like to open up a few articles when I am going on the subway and about to lose reception. But Chrome and the default internet browser are always doing that reloading thing when I switch to other open tabs and then I lose the articles. How can I get it with either Chrome or another browser where the open tabs stay that way until I actually click refresh myself?

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I know Firefox & Opera both have this option. Have not actually used firefox saved pages option; but Opera will save pages until you delete them. I have several pages saved for months. You do not have to connected to web by either wifi or cell to read the pages; they are stored on the phone.

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know Firefox & Opera both have this option. Have not actually used firefox saved pages option; but Opera will save pages until you delete them. I have several pages saved for months. You do not have to connected to web by either wifi or cell to read the pages; they are stored on the phone.

thanks will try Opera

overcookedcoffle

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Try going to chrome://flags

Look for Enable tab discarding or Auto Reload tags, turn them off:

chrome://flags/#enable-tab-discarding

chrome://flags/#enable-offline-auto-reload-visible-only

Relaunch Chrome (using the button at the bottom after you have toggled the flags)

KatkaV

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Surfy Browser will do this for you. It is a new browser on android. It also has a fingerprint and passcode lock, which is pretty cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood