There's a star in my status bar. wait for it..... on the right side!

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's for downtime. When you have it enabled the star shows up. If you have Interruprions set it'll let your starred contacts interupt your downtime.

Mark Collinson

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm really missing xposed framework. Am tempted to roll back to 4.4 just so i can have the features enabled that i love. (gravity box etc)

mark

BoomerNaut

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much. Today, my nephew 40yrs old is in the hospital for a stroke... Very Very good data, thanks for helping-allows me to parse callers appropriately.
Cptn Dan aka BoomerNaut

m0rgan

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure about anyone else but I'm really struggling with it - most of my day to day uses have been removed... ability to silence with power button - in fact ability to silence at all, gallery app, extra steps to get to settings, airplane mode from power button etc. Charge doesn't last as long though I had to charge during the day anyway so that's not a deal breaker

For all the improved graphics - the basic functionality of my phone has been reduced from my point of view - I would happily go back to Kit Kat if there was a simple way to do so and I would certainly advise against updating if you a similar user to me

kentborg

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I mostly like Lollipop, but a shame they make it awkward to silence my phone. By "silent" I mean "silent". Silent means no vibrate either, I might be getting old, but the vibrate is loud enough that I often want it even quieter.

Yes, the "downtime" is silent, but it is obscure and I lose the notification LED. Note: a pulsing LED is silent. And I can place the phone face down if I want to.

Again I hate to sound like an old fogie, but are Android engineers and UI designers all deaf and can't hear the vibrate noise? Seems to simple to go from loud to less loud to quiet to vibrate to ... SILENT. Why hide it?

-kb

Edit to add further thoughts: I guess the question is which is the greater problem (1) making noise when you want to be silent or (2) missing a call or e-mail or message. I do care about both, but bothering others where I shouldn't is the greater sin: that is why I have a Pebble watch. It can notify me ~pretty~ quietly and my phone can stay completely quiet. Yes, I am bothered sometimes even by the noise of my watch vibrating, and I do have to manage that. All the more reason I don't want to also have to worry about my phone making noise.

Last edited:

whitewolftx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Lollypop 5 is the worst version of the Android operating system they have come out with. We're very disgusted with it and can't go back now. If your used to using Kitkat 4.4.4 then just about everything has chanced in Lollypop 5. There was no reason for this much change. If they wanted a new version all they needed to do was add some changes to Kitkat 4.4.4, not revamp the entire thing and change everything. We could only hope that whom ever worked on and wrote Lollypop 5 reads this. IT SUCKS BIG TIME. We have talked to Google (who designs and writes these operating systems), to Samsung (about the S5 that uses it) and to Verizon (who installs it on their phones and offers the update to it) and none of them are much help and they all told us that there are tons of complaints about Lollypop 5. No matter what you read on here, we were told by all of them that there is NO way to go back to Kitkat 4.4.4 once you upgrade with out jail breaking the phone and voiding your warranty. They did tell us that they are working to make a bunch of changes to Lollypop 5 to fix some of the complaints they have been receiving and it will most likely be released in the next few months. My suggestion would be not to upgrade to Lollypop 5 right now, just wait a few months until they fix some of the changes and bugs in it. If you have an S4 or older Galaxy phone you can go into setting and turn off the automatic upgrade so that they don't send it to you automatically. I would highly suggest to them that they make any new version with an option to uninstall and return to the previous version ( just like with an app) if you don't like the upgrade. It would prevent making your users very unhappy and save your tech support department a lot of calls from irate customers. Anyone that writes apps or software could benefit from that suggestion. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Kevin C Brown

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
. No matter what you read on here, we were told by all of them that there is NO way to go back to Kitkat 4.4.4 once you upgrade with out jail breaking the phone and voiding your warranty.
Jailbreak?!?
That's Apple.

And it's quite easy to root your phone and flash it back to 4.4.4

Google "Wugfresh". It's about three clicks and 30 minutes to move back to KitKat. And One click and 5 minutes to unroot it if you need to send it back for warranty work. Don't listen to a phone carrier for any advice on HW, they know next to nothing about it. And of course the mfgr will tell you not to touch it, they added ask of that Samsung bloatware that you can blow away if your root your phone.

kaysee2006

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
How do I find what I need on Wugfresh? I think I have searched using every iteration of Samsung + Galaxy + S5 + KitKat + Lollypop, but nothing comes up.

KilroyBukowski

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
So after I replaced the dialer, the SMS app, the camera app, the gallery app, the mail client and, well pretty much every core component, my Lolipop is now vaguely usable. This is definitely going to help Apple push back to the top, how this made it into production deployment in such alpha infancy is beyond me but I think some development management teams need to be sh!tcanned for forcing devs to release in this state and for taking Android back 5 years and propelling Apple back to the front lines.

I am however, glad to know I am not the only one finding Lolipop to be a loliflop!

S

Kpdsno1

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only person who likes lollipop? I've just got a new phone with lollipop on, and have come from KitKat and I think it's more intuitive, smoother and a lot easier to use.

The power button also gives the option of going to silent and vibrate as well as off and restart... Wtf is everyone whining about?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae