What have you found in the N preview so far?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just tried this tip for using OK Google to add items to a titled note in Google Keep:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/4biiqo/lpt_if_you_have_a_google_keep_note_called/

Worked like a charm, and the voice training process in N completed one-two-three without a hitch.

On a stranger note, there may be something wonky about the new Display Size feature. I use a 3-pane home page in Nova with the center panel as the default so I can swipe right or left to get to different sets of apps. Earlier tonight I noticed thin strips of light on either side of the center panel. If I swiped to the left, I'd see only one strip of light on the right edge of that outer panel; if I swiped to the right, there'd be a thin strip of light along only the left edge of that "first" outer panel.

The impression it gave was that the display's backlight was reflecting off of the "edges" of those panels as though they were actual panes of glass. The strips disappeared after I picked a different Display Size, but simply changing wallpapers had no effect on them at all. That's something I've never run into on MM.

smithy1983uk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i installed Android N on my nexus 5x seems to be going as expected a few hicups such as -

google music crashing
instagram working but there is a error that pops up on opening the app
stuttering when swiping left to the google now screen

there is one thing that i do like is my screen was more yellow then white but in the developer options there is 'cool colour temperature ' option which i cant remember being in marshmallow but my screen is looking alot better now :)

edit here it is

Screenshot_20160324-074246.png

Last edited:

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After a week using nothing but my Android N phone, Swiftkey or Google Keep or Swiftkey+Google Keep in tandem locked up, crashed, and kept on crashing. I don't know if either one updated recently, but since I use both daily, it's back to MM for awhile. Which is a bummer because I REALLY miss the N notifications when I switch back.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've found this app hanging and crashing often.
I've found that sending a link for YouTube via SMS fails and I have to delete all data on the SMS app and then I'm able to send messages via the app.

I've found issues with the latest Android Wear update and it won't update.

Posted via the Android Central App

JONAHDEZ

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Multi - window mode , before the slide the notification bar shortcuts , pop- Notifications , Reply messages from their notifications

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm annoyed by the lack of an actual "Home" category in Settings. I like to switch between Google Now and Nova on my N6, and I'm used to being able to set one of them as a default launcher in the Home setting in MM but still maintaining the option to pick the other launcher later. With that gone, you're left with having to choose between "Just Once" or "Always" every stinkin' time you hit the Home button. And if you do pick "Always," you have to install a new launcher in order to get access to whichever launcher you didn't pick.

I tried to set Nova as my default launcher and completely lost access to Google Now. When I tried to open the GN app in my app drawer, I got a useless error message telling me that I had to change my preferences in Settings, but tapping on the link to Settings in that message only made the error message disappear.

A minor point for most people probably, but it seems odd that Google wouldn't do more to keep their stock launcher always available.

I second this. Somewhat annoying when switching between launchers.

mrtreitz

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth song issues. Won't go to next song automatically. have to skip then go back manually while in a playlist. Switched back to M and no longer have this issue so it's specific to N. Anyone else having this issue?

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth song issues. Won't go to next song automatically. have to skip then go back manually while in a playlist. Switched back to M and no longer have this issue so it's specific to N. Anyone else having this issue?

I've read somewhere else that enabling the Equalizer fixed that issue in N.

Steve J L

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Nexus 9 have just updated the latest. Its much quicker in loading than Marshmallow but the loading at the beginning still has the bouncing ball bit. Marshmallow was the worst ever android so hoping this to be better. No wonder only 7% have downloaded it. Anyway N seems slick and quick in loading. Not sure how you get the new split screen mode though any ideas anyone?

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm annoyed by the lack of an actual "Home" category in Settings. I like to switch between Google Now and Nova on my N6, and I'm used to being able to set one of them as a default launcher in the Home setting in MM but still maintaining the option to pick the other launcher later. With that gone, you're left with having to choose between "Just Once" or "Always" every stinkin' time you hit the Home button. And if you do pick "Always," you have to install a new launcher in order to get access to whichever launcher you didn't pick.

I tried to set Nova as my default launcher and completely lost access to Google Now. When I tried to open the GN app in my app drawer, I got a useless error message telling me that I had to change my preferences in Settings, but tapping on the link to Settings in that message only made the error message disappear.

A minor point for most people probably, but it seems odd that Google wouldn't do more to keep their stock launcher always available.

You can go in to many launchers settings and "set default" launcher from within there. Nova I know has the option. Additionally, if you go to the install/remove apps screen you can clear defaults from the launcher and that will let you change things too. No need to install a new launcher just for that.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
On Nexus 6P with Project Fi....increased battery drain. Turned off NFC and "OK google" wake. Still worse battery life than Marshmallow.

anon(9691750)

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Well since no one has posted what N is like on the nexus player, I will. This is just my experience. I couldn't log into Youtube with my account. It was laggy at times. The setting menu only took up half of the tv screen. There was no multi window on the nexus player version of N. Other than that, apps ran like normal and so was the casting.

danielson2047

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just hopped on the N train on my Nexus 6 with Preview 3. Sad to see dark mode is no longer there. Multi window is why i flashed it though. Not quite as good as Samsungs implementation IMO but works great.

Also very happy to see that most of my layers themes still work as well.

Last edited by a moderator: