Android N for Nexus 7 (2013)

yvsmadhav

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the Nexus7 (2013) and was wondering about the roll out of Android N for the tablet. Will my tablet be compatible with the N and are there going to be genuine performance improvements after the update?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think anyone knows yet, except that the device may be upgraded.

Posted via the Android Central App

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
+1! A happy user of a Nexus 7 (2013) here. Marshmallow was a great update for the razorg - it's perfectly usable ~ I am hoping that it will receive an update to N(ougat!) as well.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
+1! A happy user of a Nexus 7 (2013) here. Marshmallow was a great update for the razorg - it's perfectly usable ~ I am hoping that it will receive an update to N(ougat!) as well.
The Nexus 7 (2013) got the most updates of any device. I love my Nexus 7 (2013) and I still use it everyday. It still beats any of the crud Nexus tablets that came out after. Just want to replace the battery on my Nexus 7 (2013) as it still holds a charge good but I know it is wearing out as it does not last as long as it use it but I have no idea how.
I agree. I can live with Marshmallow on the Nexus 7 (2013). It does not matter if it gets N or not it runs great on 6.0.1.

Nerdteck

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been an iPhone user in the past but I now use only Google Nexus and don't regret it I get the latest updates and marshmallow is great I hope to get the Android N update on release.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a rumor of a 2016 Nexus 7 tablet. If the 2016 N7 rumors are true then N for the 2013 probably won't happen.

Sumit Sangtani

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Google’s support website has now begun listing the dates for end-of-life of its Nexus devices, and the picture is not really pretty. Yes, you’ll be entitled to at least three years of security patches, curtesy of the whole Stage fright debacle, but when it comes to getting future versions like Android O or P, well the list will tell you more:

– Nexus 5X: September 2017
– Nexus 6P: September 2017
– Nexus 9: October 2016
– Nexus 5: October 2015
– Nexus 6: October 2016
– Nexus 7 (2013): July 2015
– Nexus 10: November 2014

PatrynXX

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
just about every tablet thats come out since Nexus 7 2013 has been subpar. Can't imagine ever getting another. Besides Google seems intent on telling makers to get their devices up to date to 7 etc. So it would be hypocritical if one of their main Flagships is not updated to 7.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I really hope the 2013 nexus 7 gets Nougat, but if there's a 2016 Nexus 7, I might not mind it that much. This tab and me, we've been through a lot, and it's showing it's age...

Seriously, I love the 7" form factor (and yeah, despite there being 6" phones out there, it's not the same, and I'm a firm proponent of 5" phones and 7" tabs), and no tab in this form factor since the Nexus 7 has tempted me. Maybe the shield, but AFAIK, it wasn't available locally.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Nexus7 (2013) and was wondering about the roll out of Android N for the tablet. Will my tablet be compatible with the N and are there going to be genuine performance improvements after the update?

I highly doubt that the Nexus 7 2013 will get an official update to N, though I wouldn't be surprised if we see ROMs for it. That device sold very well given it's exceptional value so I'm sure that there are plenty of people invested in improving its longevity.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorrycto say no updatescfor nexus 7/13 or the nexus 5 phone ,what a carbage again from google!

Again, the Nexus 7 is a little bit long in the tooth, so it's sort of expected. I wanted it to get one last OS update but whatever...

I just hope we get a new nexus 7, as unlike the other nexus/pixel tablets, it got a real good reception and was real popular.