Official 'Name Android O' Thread!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm going out on a limb here as orange was my first thought, but its not really a sweet as much as a fruit so I'm elongating it to put it in the sweets family. My prediction (drumroll please....) is Orangesicle. And i have a good feeling about it. It has a dreamy impossibility about it much like the early predicted functions of the next OS. And omg! Is the S8 friggin gorgeous or what?! I love it. I wanna be it for Halloween. I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers! I just hope there's a Note & for crying out loud, let it be explosion proof! I'm still mourning the loss of my s7 note. May he rip. He is sorely missed. So here's hoping Orangesicle will make my soooooo far from stellar s7 edge, grow up to be the man i know he CAN be! Or that i can dump him for my true love, the Note. What can i say? I like the pen! ������������
Except they are actually called creamsicles

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
N really should have been Nerds. Nerds is way better than Nougat. :) If it's not Oreo, I vote we all boycott Google.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Okra!

Yes, I know the version names of the past have been desserts or sweets, but this is going to be a new, leaner, meaner, and healthier Google.

Unless Google does something unique and partners with Oreo or licenses the name I don't see that happening. Besides, it would be odd to market Android in Oreos commercials and vice versa.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its going to be called Ontbijtkoek .... trust me :p :D

Here's the description

An ontbijtkoek (literally translated breakfast cake) or peperkoek (pepper cake) is a Dutch spiced cake. Rye is its most important ingredient, coloring the cake in light brown. It is often spiced with cloves, cinnamon, ginger, succade and nutmeg. Several parts of the Netherlands have their own local recipe, of which the most famous is "Oudewijvenkoek" (old wives' cake) which is mostly eaten in the northern regions, and is flavored with aniseed. Ontbijtkoek is traditionally served at breakfast with a thick layer of butter on top, as a replacement for bread. However, due to its sweet taste it is also served as a snack.