Really want to use Android Pay but...

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate using a lock screen. Really hate using them. Is there a way to completely disable slide to unlock when I'm in a trusted place?
How is this unlock supposed to work? From screen off, press the home key then slide to unlock? Is that the way it's supposed to work?

alejovh1

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
From the screen off just swipe up to show your card. Place your finger on the fingerprint reader and boom. No need to unlock the phone at all

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
From the screen off just swipe up to show your card. Place your finger on the fingerprint reader and boom. No need to unlock the phone at all

Fingerprint scanners are not ubiquitous yet.

Also, Android Pay is forcing you to activate a lock screen as soon as Y u try to add a payment method in the app. That means you have to use a lock screen every time you access your phone to use Android Pay. Honestly, I think if you don't use a lock screen it should just ask for a pin when you launch Android Pay.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I think if you don't use a lock screen it should just ask for a pin when you launch Android Pay.
That is how Google Wallet works (worked). You have to enter a pin to enter the app. That seems like a much smarter and secure way of using the app. The way it is now, I can't use it.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
That is how Google Wallet works (worked). You have to enter a pin to enter the app. That seems like a much smarter and secure way of using the app. The way it is now, I can't use it.
I agree, I'd rather have less convenience the occasional time I pay with the app vs every time I wake up my phone.

They can enable all of the quick pay features (swipe, NFC, etc.) for those using lock screens and we all can have the work flow that works best for us!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
And in actual use it's even more clunky: Despite having my phone passcode protected, I still have to enter my code to complete a tap-to-pay transaction. Doubly secure, I guess, but very annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
And in actual use it's even more clunky: Despite having my phone passcode protected, I still have to enter my code to complete a tap-to-pay transaction. Doubly secure, I guess, but very annoying.

So how do they justify the reason for the lock screen if they are also requiring a pin at the app? They make it sound like if you don't have a lock screen that anyone could get your phone and have access to your accounts. How could that be possible if you also have to enter a pin?

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Andrew has pointed out elsewhere that supported cards do not need the extra PIN. Only the grandfathered cards are requiring the extra protection. I suppose as banks come on board the need for extra PINs will slowly dissipate.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I believe the reason why Pay asks for a lock on the phone instead of just the app is because Pay is a part of Play Services while Wallet is just an app. I don't think you even have to have the Pay app installed to use it since it's a part of Play Services. Not 100% sure about that though.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

You're saying you have to enter your pin on the terminal? If so that's because of the card you're using most likely.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Andrew has pointed out elsewhere that supported cards do not need the extra PIN. Only the grandfathered cards are requiring the extra protection. I suppose as banks come on board the need for extra PINs will slowly dissipate.

Which extra PIN are you talking about? The PIN for the phone or the PIN at the app?

Is any way to bypass the need to have a lockscreen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol