1 question about android pay and 1 about new wallet

byitb

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Really want to use both but wanted to see if I can get something cleared up first.
1. when you use android pay, does it show on your credit card statement as android pay or does the merchant show?
2. i've been scammed through venmo before when selling a phone on craigslist. Venmo doesn't take any responsibility for it stating its a violation of is TOS. Does the new wallet have any type of verification system if I wanted to use it beyond payments between trust friends? Such as for dealing with craigslisters?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
1) Both. It gives you the name of the merchant BUT it precedes with an Android Pay identifier (in the 'old' Wallet it was GOOGNFC).
2) There is security when making transfers, but once the transfer is made, it's done. Just like with erroneous bank transactions, you could call the bank and see if they can cancel the operation.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Really want to use both but wanted to see if I can get something cleared up first.
1. when you use android pay, does it show on your credit card statement as android pay or does the merchant show?

I just made a purchase at a Bartell Drugs using my Bank of America VISA credit card via Android Pay. On my statement it showed up as "01 BARTELL DRUGS". Could potentially be different for each bank/card type.

2. i've been scammed through venmo before when selling a phone on craigslist. Venmo doesn't take any responsibility for it stating its a violation of is TOS. Does the new wallet have any type of verification system if I wanted to use it beyond payments between trust friends? Such as for dealing with craigslisters?

Google Wallet isn't going to offer any kind of fraud protection like you'd get with Amazon Payments or PayPal through eBay... since every transfer in Google Wallet is just a person-to-person with no fees or knowledge of what the payment is for. The transactions themselves are fully secure, but it's up to you to decide if the payment (or other person) is legitimate.

How exactly can you get scammed, though? You mean as in you pay someone and they don't send you the device or the device isn't as advertised? That's not really something that Google Wallet (or any other payment processor outside of the site/service you're using to purchase on) can help you with.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Wells Fargo. The Android Pay transactions show up in my bank statement the same as if I used my actual debit card. I remember with Wallet it would be goognfc or something like that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez