Android Pay Transaction Detail

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I started using Android Pay with the assumption that transaction details of each purchase would show in the Android Pay app. Well, I made one purchase, all went well, but the purchase did not show in the Android Pay app. I talked with BOA, Verizon, Samsung, and Android Pay support and none really had the answer. Android Pay finally said that my card issuer, BOA, determines what transaction detail will be shown on the Android Pay app and that most likely I would see transaction details only on my Bank Statement, and never on my phone. My question is - are other BOA Android Pay users seeing their purchases in the Android Pay app, or only on their Bank Statements? Those of you who are seeing the transaction details on your phone what card do you use please? Maybe if I switch to Well Fargo Mastercard I could see my purchases on my phone. This is kind of a big deal for me.
Jim

Last edited:

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Well, I continue to learn more about how Android Pay works. Android Pay support said I could always see my purchases through payments.google.com. It is true that I can see purchases made with Google Wallet but not purchases made with Android Pay, at least not with the card I'm using.
I use online banking so I can go online and my Android Pay credit card purchases show normally just as any other credit card purchase. So, if my Android Pay transaction details are not showing in payments.google.com then that must mean that BOA is not sending Google this information. To get transaction detail to my phone my bank would have to send the information to Google then Google would send it to my phone. I'm thinking maybe it is not such a bad thing for my bank to keep this information private.
Jim

JW888

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I continue to learn more about how Android Pay works. Android Pay support said I could always see my purchases through payments.google.com. It is true that I can see purchases made with Google Wallet but not purchases made with Android Pay, at least not with the card I'm using.
I use online banking so I can go online and my Android Pay credit card purchases show normally just as any other credit card purchase. So, if my Android Pay transaction details are not showing in payments.google.com then that must mean that BOA is not sending Google this information. To get transaction detail to my phone my bank would have to send the information to Google then Google would send it to my phone. I'm thinking maybe it is not such a bad thing for my bank to keep this information private.
Jim

You should.......but maybe not right away, maybe depends on which bank. US bank(American Express) and Amercan Express shows slow, it shows on the Android pay app the next day, Citi card shows quick, a little while after tap and pay.
Open Android pay, tap the card, you should able to see your transaction.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
BOA Visa transactions do not show in the Android Pay app. I found out that it is the card issuer, and not Android Pay, that determines if transaction detail will be shown in the Android Pay app. I suspect the transaction detail shown is specific to each card even within the same institution.
Does anybody use a BOA card and the transaction detail is visible in Android Pay?

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Well, I made another purchase, received an alert, and the purchase shows in Android Pay-and it showed immediately. The first purchase still doesn't show but maybe it was just a hiccup.
Jim

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is transaction details do not necessarily match up with the actual payment amounts!

The vending machine on my floor automatically authorizes for $1.25 and that's the amount that shows up in Android Pay (after about 10 minutes). The actual amount in my Amex account statement will show the actual cost of the item, usually after 2-3 days. The Android Pay transaction detail is never updated though.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I made another purchase, received an alert, and the purchase shows in Android Pay-and it showed immediately. The first purchase still doesn't show but maybe it was just a hiccup.
Jim
I think Android Pay updated some stuff on their end recently. I wasn't able to add one of my cards a few days ago and I tried today and it worked.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is transaction details do not necessarily match up with the actual payment amounts!

The vending machine on my floor automatically authorizes for $1.25 and that's the amount that shows up in Android Pay (after about 10 minutes). The actual amount in my Amex account statement will show the actual cost of the item, usually after 2-3 days. The Android Pay transaction detail is never updated though.
This used to happen to me all the time with the old google wallet.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Made another purchase, immediate notification of transaction detail. Unlock phone, open app, hold phone over terminal, bam, bam, slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech