Chase promises support for Android Pay

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted Chase Support tonight asking if they were going to support Android pay. Hope this isn't a Verizon coming soon thingScreenshot_2015-10-06-19-08-09.jpg

JohnnyK60

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Just successfully added my IHG hotels Chase mastercard! Since there's no foreign transaction fee, I'm looking forward to using it in Europe, where NFC is very common.

You guys should try adding your Chase cards again.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
A friend has a Chase card and it does not work. Read that if you have used your Chase card in the past with Google Wallet, it will work with Android Pay, but if not then your Chase card can not be added.

Yeah I hope this is not a Verizon thing either! I remember one of Verizons "coming soon" promises going on for almost a year. I never did see when they actually, if ever, followed through as I had by then changed to a new phone that had the feature. Verizon is well known for being the slowest of carriers for implementing updates and releasing new devices.

JohnnyK60

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
A friend has a Chase card and it does not work. Read that if you have used your Chase card in the past with Google Wallet, it will work with Android Pay, but if not then your Chase card can not be added.

Yeah I hope this is not a Verizon thing either! I remember one of Verizons "coming soon" promises going on for almost a year. I never did see when they actually, if ever, followed through as I had by then changed to a new phone that had the feature. Verizon is well known for being the slowest of carriers for implementing updates and releasing new devices.

My Chase card kept getting declined as " not supported" for weeks. Today, I was able to add it, nothing to do with Google Wallet carrying over.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll see my friend tomorrow and will check if his now works. As of last night, it still said not supported.

JohnnyK60

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I must apologize: it seems that my card was activated because of Google Wallet. I was confused, because for a couple of weeks the system would not let me add the old Chase card, and all of a sudden I could.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is what seems to still be true. If your Chase card was used in Google Wallet you may be able to add it to Android Pay. But Chase is not supporting any new card additions, at least for now.