Android Pay in Canada

Jared Eberle

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if this has been announced or if this even is working but everytime I get an Android Pay update I try adding my Canadian credit cards to Android Pay.

Well I just got an update this morning and it allowed my to add my Scotiabank Visa. I haven't gone anywhere to test if it actually works yet or not but my card is showing in my Android Pay Wallet. I tried adding my BMO Mastercard and it didn't work.

Anyone else able to add their cards in Canada?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this has been announced or if this even is working but everytime I get an Android Pay update I try adding my Canadian credit cards to Android Pay.

Well I just got an update this morning and it allowed my to add my Scotiabank Visa. I haven't gone anywhere to test if it actually works yet or not but my card is showing in my Android Pay Wallet. I tried adding my BMO Mastercard and it didn't work.

Anyone else able to add their cards in Canada?
A previous update to Android Pay suggested that the service may be making it's way to Canada; however, there was no timeline given and I have not seen any official updates from Google about a rollout date. They may be slowly rolling out the service and banks/card companies are jumping on as the service rolls out.

Android Pay v1.7 reveals upcoming support for debit cards in Canada [APK Teardown]

Keep us posted on if the service works for you and if there are any more cards you can add.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The other day I tried sideloading from APKMirror after seeing the currencies being added. Still couldn't add a card, so I removed and reverted to the version that was hidden on my phone. However the icon didn't disappear after I uninstalled the updates.

Fast forward to today, somehow I got a notification via the Play Store saying I have an Android Pay update and the web Store listed my phone has it installed, as well as my TouchPad being "compatible".

Still couldn't add any cards though after the update.

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that it was an option at McDonalds yesterday. The app just appeared on my phone this morning but still can't add any Canada cards. I'm guessing that they are about to fully release it but its weird they would put it on phones before it's ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair