Malware Protection

glorya14

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What do you use to protect against malware on your tablet? I am a Windows person and very, very new to Android and tablets so I can use all the help/suggestions you are willing to share. I do have antivirus on my tab but nothing else in regards to safeguarding browsing, etc. Also, if your suggestion(s)/recommendation(s) might be for a free app, soooooooooo much better. Thank you.

ignb

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Lookout +1. It's a great malware protection app even though I mostly use Kaspersky products. Avast has shown some good results and it's free. Also, McAfee and F-Secure are both great, with very good detection ratio.

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I received an automatic download of a file which was named with a mix of alphanumeric characters, ending with "...AUTORUN=1" on my Galaxy Note 2. I was able to dismiss it from the notification list, and then I was able to delete it from the Downloads folder. No idea if it had run; I'm a bit disappointed that the Android system didn't identify what the file was for, if the purpose was legitimate. if not, I'm disappointed that it allowed it to be downloaded automatically. I'm running a Kaspersky scan now, and here's hoping nothing was compromised.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Seriously doubt any thing was. Read what was posted a couple days ago from Jerry.
I received an automatic download of a file which was named with a mix of alphanumeric characters, ending with "...AUTORUN=1" on my Galaxy Note 2. I was able to dismiss it from the notification list, and then I was able to delete it from the Downloads folder. No idea if it had run; I'm a bit disappointed that the Android system didn't identify what the file was for, if the purpose was legitimate. if not, I'm disappointed that it allowed it to be downloaded automatically. I'm running a Kaspersky scan now, and here's hoping nothing was compromised.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2