Best Anti-Virus app for Samsung Galaxy S3 (or other Android phones)?

Graeme Baird

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
i got avg on my s3, no sure how good it is though.

I used to have avast on my pc and was told its crap, pc got change to avg.

Last edited by a moderator:

ks58

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Kaspersky with great success, but its a little spendy. About $20. Tried AVG but it nearly zapped all of my apps.Avast, Lookout and Norton may be quite good, check the reviews at Google

Dude1134

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't use any, haven't found a need. Well Lookout was on my phone by default but I removed it and have never had anything on my Nexus 7.

And I hated avast and AVG on the PC, but maybe that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
AVG is good but I use Kaspersky. Has a few features I haven't seen on the other ones

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

Tirtha Salil

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
i,ve used all ... And tested and compared.. If you want a practical one with a practically high detection rate (100%,tried with many kinds of adware, bloatware, leadbolts etc.s) then u must use "zone alarm " . Even the free version excels over every other antivirus available for android(both free and paid). For them who haven't stopped asking its lightest too.. Because of its no 1 slot in reviews and in no. Of downloads, i spent lot of time with "avast" and found that it was outperformed by miles by "zone alarm" (even any of u can test it ).. So because of high downloads rate don't simply install "avast" and update the review "its awesome!!!" .who r already using "avast" at least install "zone alarm" for once and use it for few days and u'll love it for its high accuracy and simplicity factor . For any other help plz ask .:-*

tomraza

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
i used Avast Mobile Security for my s3 but i didn't liked it much but then one of my friend recommended me Appriva antivirus application i used it and like it a lot it automatically scaned apps being downloaded /installed / updated for Trojans, Viruses, Spyware and cleaned them. i download this softwere from https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.moobila.appriva.av&hl=en&token=Q6JaGzMA and hope you like it too

Last edited:

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
My experience with Lookout on other platforms was that it didn't include antivirus, but had features I wanted. And I've used AVG for years on PCs. So, I put both on my phone. It turns out that there's more redundancy than I expected. But, if PC antivirus databases are any indication, they each miss some that the others catch. And there doesn't seem to be any conflict or performance hit. So, I'm going to leave both on my Note 2.

As for whether A/V apps are needed, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Some say that the variety of Android versions makes exploits hard to create, but there are certain things that have to work the same way across versions. Do we expect all of them to be unattackable? Others suggest that our own habits may leave us open to attacks. I'm very security minded, am careful about social engineering, and careful about where I go on the 'net, but I still had a problem occur on one of my WM phones. So, I'll agree that what you use or whether you use any security apps is still a personal choice. But I'd rather unnecessarily have them on my phone because nothing happens than find out the hard way that I should have used them. My $.02.

tomraza

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The only way for the virus is to get through us because i think we let it in our androids by downloading games softwares downloading random apps which look attractive but in other way they might have some thing which might effect the phone so it is still good to have an app that can detect which apps on your phone are in fact extracting your information, thats why I trust my phone with Appriva it tells me specifically if an app has access to messages, GPS, etc.. sometimes I download free games that I want to play but are on the dark side if you know what i mean :cool:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well in my osi class we were taught to always run at least 2 antivirus programs. In case one gets infected the other can fix it.

As a side note if you run miui it will tell you what permissions an app uses before you install them and it will split them up into risky and safe categories.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Why do these companies put out these free apps? What I mean is, what's in it for them? I could understand if it was a paid app, but it's "free". They're obviously not doing it for the joyous feeling of philanthropy. I get that they need to make money to stay in business and that's all good and great, but how are they doing it within these free apps?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why do these companies put out these free apps? What I mean is, what's in it for them? I could understand if it was a paid app, but it's "free". They're obviously not doing it for the joyous feeling of philanthropy. I get that they need to make money to stay in business and that's all good and great, but how are they doing it within these free apps?
Advertisements