Anti virus

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Some say it's needed, some don't. The best antivirus is yourself. If you don't go to any weird-looking sites or download any sketchy apps from unknown sources, you should be fine.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Some say it's needed, some don't. The best antivirus is yourself. If you don't go to any weird-looking sites or download any sketchy apps from unknown sources, you should be fine.

I agree with this, but I still suggest one just in case. Malware advances pretty quick and who can say when they will start aggressively targeting smart phones and tablets. So I suggest having one just to be proactive, if nothing else. Plus many offer other features handy in case your phone is lost or stolen

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If you have Google Play installed it will scan installing apps for malware if you enable "Verify apps". Karpersky is supposed to be a good respected company to try out their app.

This article might be a good read on this topic: Android security chief breaks down real malware data | Android Central

However, there are times when apps could steal your data without your consents so you still have to be careful with what you install: Android Flashlight App Developer Settles FTC Charges It Deceived Consumers | Federal Trade Commission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non