Best Anti-Virus Software for Android

What Anti-virus do You Use.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(8573886)

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Protecting your Android device is mandatory now as there are many threats, such as spyware or adware, that you may download, without any warning that it is harmful.

If you want to keep your devices safe, then continue reading to see the most popular Anti-Virus apps for Android.

These apps are sorted by popularity on the Google Play Store (As of March 2, 2014).

1.CM (Clean Master) Security
AV-Test.org Jan 2014 rating: 6/6
AV-Test Nov 2013 rating: Not listed
Google Play Rating: 4.7/5
Google Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.cleanmaster.security&token=YZbAZmr5

2.AVG Anti-virus
AV-Test Jan 2014 rating: Not listed
AV-Test Nov 2013 rating: 5.5/6
Google Play rating: 4.4/5
Google Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.antivirus&token=Lt1OvG3T

3.Lookout
AV-Test Jan 2014 rating: Not listed
AV-Test Nov 2013 rating: Not listed
Google Play rating: 4.5/5
Google Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/apps/details?id=com.lookout&token=d1G_sClC

4. 360 Security
AV-Test Jan 2014 rating: 6/6
AV-Test Nov 2013 rating:5.5/6
Google Play rating: 4.4/5
Google Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.qihoo.security&token=iceYXoD4

5.Avast
AV-Test Jan 2014 rating: 5.0/6.0
AV-Test Nov 2013 rating: 6/6
Google Play rating:4.5/5
Google Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.avast.android.mobilesecurity&token=ssZEsc1V

Note: Shortened URLs have been changed to the original URLs as requested by a moderator. If a link does not work, please post a comment below and I will fix it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Shortened links aren't allowed and have been deleted from the op. Feel free to add the full link if desired

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon(8573886)

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Shortened links aren't allowed and have been deleted from the op. Feel free to add the full link if desired

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

No problem. Ill add the original links. I'm sorry if this was annoying.

Last edited:

EmmyLou82

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the list!

I have found AVG chews the battery on my S3 to the point I am charging it up to 3 times a day!

Posted via Android Central App

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying malware bytes for a few weeks and am liking it so far. Does anyone else have feed back on it? I love their pc product.

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
New to android and just got a Note 3 with telstra (im in Australia)
Now under the "bloatware" my provider has a shortcut to lookout security...
Now coming from iphone and doing research i dont nelieve that the virus is the main issue but people get these apps fr the anti theft/find phone features.....

So my question is AVG vs Lookout (free versions only)
admittedly they look the same but just wondering which is more user friendly if there is even a difference.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Trustlook seems promising. They claim to use a next-generation proprietary technology that detects problems based on behavioral analysis, rather than using old-fashioned signature checks stored in an on-device database. Also, their most recent update allows for scanning INSIDE media files, as image, video and mp3's can also be home to malware. I'm not aware of any other product that pulls off this particular trick.

X-9 = 2B^3

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
New to android and just got a Note 3 with telstra (im in Australia)
Now under the "bloatware" my provider has a shortcut to lookout security...
Now coming from iphone and doing research i dont nelieve that the virus is the main issue but people get these apps fr the anti theft/find phone features.....

So my question is AVG vs Lookout (free versions only)
admittedly they look the same but just wondering which is more user friendly if there is even a difference.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

I have AVG on one phone and Lookout on 2 others. They seem about the same to me, but maybe Lookout is just a little less noticeable? I don't really know. I think they're both good.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have avg free and clean master both on my note3. No noticable battery drainage.
I use clean master for clearing junk files and boosting ram and avg runs its daily scan plus any new apps...

Never had a problem with either.. im not an expert though so I cant say how well they even work at what they claim to do..

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I subscribed to Lookout. I like the extra protection for $2.99 a month. I've caught malware with it when I was downloading a couple of apps from the web.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use Lookout as well,and the $2.99 a month fee.I dont use it as much for the malware feature as much as I do for the Lock Cam,Safe browsing features.It hasn't ever detected malware on my phone .

Note:
I also like the Missing device feature but now there are also other options for that,, that are free.I have all of them activated.

thomasdavid

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
My Choice is Comodo Antivirus for Android, Because Comodo Mobile Security combines a mobile-optimized antivirus scanner with a mobile security manager to safeguard you against viruses, unsafe apps and potentially risky settings. You can filter out annoying calls and text messages by configuring white and black contact lists or simply block messages by certain keywords. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.comodo.pimsecure&token=ZvqP9r6k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7