Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pop up? Virus?

Got a message in my status bar this morning that had a green star next to it and said something about an IQ quiz or something similar. When I clicked on it to see what app opened it opened the browser and attempted to load ad.leadboltapps.net the url changed many times in a couple of seconds before I closed the browser and this is the only one in the history. Anyone got any ideas or had this issue?

Default Re: Pop up? Virus?

I believe it is called AirPush. It's an advertising pop-up installed along with an app usually. Search market for AirPush Detector (or something close). It will show you what apps have it added along with the app you downloaded.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info. It was the screen grabber app.
    Thanked by:

Worked great, deleted Recycle Bin Lite app. No more pop ups!!!

I tried it, but didn't have much luck with it. Downloaded free tetris right after and was getting full screen ads! Deleted Tetris, and may delete AirPush Detector too.

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mspsmom View Post
    I tried it, but didn't have much luck with it. Downloaded free tetris right after and was getting full screen ads! Deleted Tetris, and may delete AirPush Detector too.
    Buy tetris today for 10 cents from the 10 a day top apps!

Air Push Detector didn't find "leadbolt" for me but after trying several other apps I tried Lookout Ad Network Detector. That got it and allowed me to identify and uninstall Motion Camera - the offending app that added leadbolt on my phone.

Nice interface and lots of useable info.

I have the same damn thing... I have an app on my desktop titled "Fun Apps". If I click on it, it tries to load. Leadboltapps, same as yo and I cannot get rid of it, any ideas or have you gotten rid of it???

Thanks

Question Re: Pop up? Virus?

I discovered what appeared to be an app (Icon) called Fun Apps sitting on the Second page of my Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, Samsung Tab 2, 10.1 inch tablet. When I clicked on it, it, just like you, tried to execute a link to that same address "ad.leadboltapps.net" or something very similar. All I have been able to find out is that it kind of piggy backs on another app to get in your device but nothing about how to get rid of it?

airpush said rootbackeper.

ad network said battery calibration.

i hope the problem is solved. gets annoying having your phone sound DROID when your sleeping. or when your not. and the only thing there is some stupid ad

well, one of them programs i used is a virus itself.

woke up this morning to emails to myself on both email accounts. uninstalled both programs.

AND it looks like it changed my passwords.
    Last edited by snowwy66; 04-27-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Pop up? Virus?

SOLVED!!!
    I know this particular thread is not specif to the "ad.leadboltads.net" popup browser page annoyance , but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents to help others. I've been looking for a solution to this annoying page that normally comes up when I'm browsing the Play Store (EVERYTIME!). After trying 'Airpush Detector', 'Ad Network Detector', and some others, the only detector app that found the culprit apps was 'Addons Detector'. I ran it and did a scan, then clicked 'Addons', and filtered by 'Push Notifications'. The culprits were 'Droid Sky View' and 'PS-eMu', but I like those apps and didn't want to uninstall them. So I click on each of them and selected 'Manage App'. Then deselected 'Show Notifications', and voila!, no more leadbolt ads!!!

Thank you Addons Detector!!! Life is cool again with my Galaxy S3.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Cee Zar,

Thanks for posting a solution to my exact same problem. When I tried your solution there were no Push Notifications detected. Any other ideas?

Yeah this similar thing happened to me after I downloaded some free games from unknown publishers. Once I deleted them, the problems went away. You just need to install apps that are at least somewhat known, also, read the reviews, they'll usually tell you what's wrong with the game/app.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I only have a few games downloaded. This is a new phone (Galaxy Light) that I set up identical to my S4 as a backup phone and I do not have this virus or whatever it is on the S4. In fact all of the apps I've loaded are the same that I have had on the S4 for several months. The only difference are the apps that came on on the Galaxy Light when I bought it. Honestly, who would ever create a notification like this? It is so annoying I would never buy any of the apps that are on the page that pops up.