Talkback identified as Malware and I can't uninstall

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
AVG Antivirus just completed a full scan on my Nexus 7 and identified Talkback as malware. First time this happened since I've owned the tablet (purchased three months ago). I've tried to uninstall it but, as you guys/gals know, it's one of the Accessibility options. I went to the app in the Play Store and the only option was to update it. As of now I'm not able to uninstall and don't know why it would be indetified as malware after all this time. Any thoughts what I can do other than ignore the threat? Unit is working OK but I don't know if something is happening behind the scenes. FYI, I also have Kaspersky Tablet Security on my unit. I just did a full scan with KTS and that software showed my system being clean...no threats identified. Any help/ideas appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to believe Talkback is malware, since it's a system app. You could always disable it from the Settings menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
These clowns who put out av software on android are making a killing their definitions suck because there isn't enough malware to make definitions so they look at freaky permissions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hard to believe Talkback is malware, since it's a system app. You could always disable it from the Settings menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Thanks, B. Diddy. Been disabled since week one when I saw that it was something I wouldn't use. Thinking the same as nrm that it's a false positive. I've always found Kaspersky to be ultra-reliable on my laptop and phone so I'll probably uninstall AVG.