Anyone else getting Adware/Malware in the GN2 ATT?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
In the last few days I have gotten hit by Adware/Malware like crazy. Whenever I time out I have to hit dismiss for a link to an ad. Ads pop up everywhere and I even got a few icons that I got rid of. Coincidentally, I am getting a few times a day an ad in the drop down section (not sure what you call it) for softare to kill this stuff that it is probably creating. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a Note 2 under AT&T

dlcpa

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall the apps you've installed since before this started happening. Never download an app from that developer again.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
In the last few days I have gotten hit by Adware/Malware like crazy. Whenever I time out I have to hit dismiss for a link to an ad. Ads pop up everywhere and I even got a few icons that I got rid of. Coincidentally, I am getting a few times a day an ad in the drop down section (not sure what you call it) for softare to kill this stuff that it is probably creating. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a Note 2 under AT&T

dlcpa

This is being caused by a free app that you have downloaded within the past few days. Now you need to think of any free apps you downloaded prior to this happening. If you can't remember then uninstall the last few free apps.... wait a few days and then reinstall ONE or TWO like once per week. You'll find the culprit. Free games are notorious for this.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've installed Lookout on my Android devices and it scans downloads. It found one app that contained spyware.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Just download airpush detector, it's free, it will tell you which app is sending you those ads and it will give you the option to uninstall the offending app.

Frank

Edit: I corrected the name of the app from adpush detector to airpush detector, it's a great app and has yet to fail me.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Last edited:

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Avast virus for Android and Advanced Mobile security will scan Apps and phone. Also check settings on Apps and make sure notifications are turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781