is a anti virus software a must for Samsung S Duos ?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried to post this in the proper forums, but they wont accept. But i hope, as i am having a simple handheld compared to what this forum is meant for, some of you here might be able to help me.

What i have to say is - I am new to android base and i am wondering if an anti virus software is a must for this Android Ice Cream Sandwitch, 740 MB RAM, 1 GHz Processor Mobile handheld ?

If yes, they which one should i go for ?

If no, then any tips and advice(s) that will help me to stay away from any such virus that affects Android handhelds....

Also, are those battery saver apps a real deal ?

Which one is better ino your opinion ?

Please a reply and somei advice will be highly appreciated :) :)

Posted via Android Central App

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe AV is a must on any Android device right now but if you are concerned run one. I used to use Lookout but not anymore.

Generally speaking the risk is minimal if;
you aren't rooted
you aren't installing 3rd party apps
you aren't using a 3rd party apps store

If you keep the phone stock, only use Google Play to get your apps, and take the time to glance at ratings and the review of the app, you'll almost certainly be OK. There's always a chance but it's very slight and in my opinion not worth the overhead of running another background app on your device.

and no battery saving apps are not the real deal. they'll usually do more harm than good.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe AV is a must on any Android device right now but if you are concerned run one. I used to use Lookout but not anymore.

Generally speaking the risk is minimal if;
you aren't rooted
you aren't installing 3rd party apps
you aren't using a 3rd party apps store

If you keep the phone stock, only use Google Play to get your apps, and take the time to glance at ratings and the review of the app, you'll almost certainly be OK. There's always a chance but it's very slight and in my opinion not worth the overhead of running another background app on your device.

and no battery saving apps are not the real deal. they'll usually do more harm than good.

Thanks for the reply...
I thought i wont be getting any replies here, as the proper forum seemed closed....

Posted via Android Central App

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Right ... not required at all. Unless rooted

Sent from my GT-S5830 using AC Forums mobile app

Even rooted the only way you can get viruses is by either flashing zips from a bad developer (which all android av apps don't check) or by installing apps from a source other than the play store. Really the whole android virus issue is really overblown (mostly by people who are pro Microsoft and windows). Common sense is the best av you can ever have.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2