URGENT PLEASE HELP! Wallpaper bug or virus? :( :( :( URGENT

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
So My wallpaper moves by itself (as shown in the video) I notice it happens most of the times when I rotate my screen from landscape mode to portrait but sometimes just randomly doing that... Even its own wallpapers (pictures that come with the device) is still moving by itself ...and the fix to it SOMETIMES is to change the wallpaper :-\

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to reboot the device? My tab glitched out once where the icons appeared to be glued to the wallpaper even while scrolling. If that does not help, maybe you should backup everything on your device and perform a factory reset, or maybe try downloading an antivirus just to make sure.

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to reboot the device? My tab glitched out once where the icons appeared to be glued to the wallpaper even while scrolling. If that does not help, maybe you should backup everything on your device and perform a factory reset, or maybe try downloading an antivirus just to make sure.
Well reboot works... But I am doubting that it is a virus, cause I did a full scan 3 times on my tablet using Kaspersky Tablet security and found no virus... what could be causing this thing?

Ispira

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
HELP PLSSSSS...

Be patient when asking for help. This is something you really have to understand. The people here that help people are more than qualified to help you in most cases I've seen, and they don't have to. But they do. Posting stuff like "Help plsssss" isn't going to get you an answer any faster, I don't mean to sound rude if I do. It's just the way forums work. So please just be patient, and wait for farther answers.

I hope you get your issue fixed, best of luck.

~Ryan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tablet make and model? If this is a no name device direct from China, I would suspect faulty hardware or a bug in the OS.

What Android version is the device running?

What happens if you use a live wallpaper?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you on the latest firmware for your tablet? Check with the manufacturer on that, you'll if you google around you can find their webside and get that info. :)

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Tablet make and model? If this is a no name device direct from China, I would suspect faulty hardware or a bug in the OS.

What Android version is the device running?

What happens if you use a live wallpaper?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

No its a original Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G... Its running in its latest OS 4.0.4 ICS, when I use a live wallpaper it has no problem tho :confused:

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I just did it now and it doesnt move now...even before I did clear cache...But when I rotate in the homescreen it moves 2 times (its like looking for the right position) then settles...hmmmmmm :-\

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just did it now and it doesnt move now...even before I did clear cache...But when I rotate in the homescreen it moves 2 times (its like looking for the right position) then settles...hmmmmmm :-\
Are you still having the problem? Take a picture with the device and set it as the wallpaper and see if it continues. It could be the source of your wallpaper downloads that is causing the problem. If you are still having the problem try the true and tested AIO self repair -- a factory reset. :)

It's a pain to do, especially if you have a lot of apps/widgets setup a particular way. But a factory reset seems to solve most problems. Be sure to backup and sync what you can to save data and restore it slowly to pinpoint a culprit.

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you still having the problem? Take a picture with the device and set it as the wallpaper and see if it continues. It could be the source of your wallpaper downloads that is causing the problem. If you are still having the problem try the true and tested AIO self repair -- a factory reset. :)

It's a pain to do, especially if you have a lot of apps/widgets setup a particular way. But a factory reset seems to solve most problems. Be sure to backup and sync what you can to save data and restore it slowly to pinpoint a culprit.

NOPE... It's not doing that anymore :) What I did is clear cache and downloaded some wallpapers from backgrounds HD then as I said it was still moving a bit... But today it doesn't anymore :) Ty everyone for the ideas! I'll come back if it happens again

Posted via Android Central App

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I think it was a fault with wallpaper wizardrii cause it stretches the wallpaper to much... But anyway it's fixed

Posted via Android Central App

David Santos2

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Oh well... its back :'(... its not moving like before but... the wallpapers doesnt fit there is always 1.5 inches left in the right edge of the homescreen... even the wallpapers with the device does it but the live wallpapers is fine but I dont want to use a live wallpaper cause it sucks battery, sry for the annoying problems :]... did wipe cache partition but still the same, One thing I found out that if I switch it to the stock homescreen (touchwiz) it fits the wallpaper immediately, but when I switch to ADWLauncher EX its still fits... but after a restart it goes back :-\ .... hmmmm help again

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh well... its back :'(... its not moving like before but... the wallpapers doesnt fit there is always 1.5 inches left in the right edge of the homescreen... even the wallpapers with the device does it but the live wallpapers is fine but I dont want to use a live wallpaper cause it sucks battery, sry for the annoying problems :]... did wipe cache partition but still the same, One thing I found out that if I switch it to the stock homescreen (touchwiz) it fits the wallpaper immediately, but when I switch to ADWLauncher EX its still fits... but after a restart it goes back :-\ .... hmmmm help again

It may be a problem with ADW and your tablet. You can try another launcher.