Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Virus or something else? Candy crush cheats & max web search pro auto installed

This morning, I noticed that Candy Crush Cheats had been installed on my phone. Except I don't play Candy Crush and didn't choose to install the cheats program. When I searched the play store for that app, I saw that everyone that had commented on it had it auto installed too. I uninstalled it and the apps I installed over the last 24 hours. Interestingly enough, google play said I hadn't installed it yet. Fast forward 10 hours, I noticed Max Web Search Pro had finished installing. Another program I didn't choose to install. I checked my wife's phone and she has both apps too. Same story for her.

I'm at a loss. We both have AVG installed on the phone and it didn't detect anything. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Virus or something else? Candy crush cheats & max web search pro auto installed

it has to be a rogue app that you both installed. By any chance are you using go launcher?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Virus or something else? Candy crush cheats & max web search pro auto installed

I have it on mine and have for a while. She doesn't have it on hers.

I know when using go launcher (free) it adds a lot of apps that I didn't choose

- - - Updated - - -

hence I now use Nova Prime
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah. I just installed move prime yest too.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Did someone access your Google Play account and push those apps to your phones?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Don't think so. There's nothing in the my apps section listing either of these apps.

Install lookout and scan your device, the rogue app will pop up as adware or trojan

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Trying it now.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Didn't find anything.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Nothing found on wife's phone either.

Let me know when you figure out how you got it. I'm stuck on level 97.

JK hope you figure it out. You might have to start uninstalling apps. Or wipe your device(s).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sadly when it comes to a hidden app or something putting them on your device a factory reset may be the best way to go. If you are rooted and have Titanium Backup or something similar you could use that to restore apps and data one at a time, but you might be better off starting fresh and see what happens over the course of a week. Perhaps it was done via an email attachment or web link that dropped malware.