Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Possible Virus - Play Store opens randomly to specific games/apps

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    On THIS site, that's normal? Hasn't ever happened before...

Re; the Lookout ad detector, interestingly, admob is one of the networks that comes up--listed as working with 41 apps to collect location info. 41!!! Such apps include Docs to go, PicsArt Kaleidoscope, Google Docs, , Aviary, PicsArt, , YouTube.... I can understand why, say, Netflix or Hotels.com needs location info. I'm not sure why Aviary does, or Docs2Go.

Lookout also advises that AdMob will honor opt-out requests, but that just means you won't get "targeted" ads; you'll now get untargeted ones.

The more you learn, the more freaked out you get.
    How do you opt out of AdMob? It keeps redirecting my browser (chrome) to ad pages

I presume from what Lookout said that you have to send them a request.

I have the same problem on a Nexus 5. The screens switch so quickly it's hard to discern what is occurring, but it appears that Play opens, then app related videos are launched or, if I have an app installed already, the installed app is launched. In a matter of 20 seconds, I can have 20 screens opened. Additionally, the phone stops responding to my taps or swipes. It's as if the device is afflicted with demonic possession.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345