IGN.com virus pop up
I noticed recently that when visiting ign.com a pop up comes up claiming that the device I'm using has a virus. I first noticed this on my 2012 Nexus 7, I then factory reset my tablet only to go back to ign.com and find the pop up still popping up. It does the same thing on my nexus 4 and my mom's Samsung Galaxy S3. (All through chrome) I loaded the site on the dolphin browser and there was no pop up.
So to me it seems as this is a chrome based issue on ign's side. Can anyone verify this? It seems to only occur if your viewing the site in a non-mobile version.
Should I be worried?
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-12-2014, 05:44 PM #2
- 01-12-2014, 06:31 PM #4
- 01-12-2014, 09:31 PM #5
Re: IGN.com virus pop up
Yes, that's an ad that's very deceptive. The average person wouldn't know any better and will click it.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- By phatjoe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 01-19-2014, 03:15 AM
- By donm527 in forum LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2014, 09:09 AM
- By glenninduluth in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2014, 05:44 PM
- By Old_Professor in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2014, 02:53 PM
- By ianw182 in forum Android Security TalkReplies: 2Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM